Favorite Brand Of Cigar?

Discussion in 'Cigar Forum' started by SereneAngel88, Dec 20, 2015.

1. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Member

Even though I don't consider myself a smoker, I will give credit when I come across cigars that would make me consider smoking one if not for the fact that I have a fear of getting cancer since it runs strong in my family. One of my uncles tends to smoke Graycliff Espresso cigars and the smell is absolutely divine like baked goods and chocolate, which I'm a huge sucker for. I took a puff and there was no nasty aftertaste and I had to pull myself away to not take another puff. What brands do you consider to be good when it comes to cigars?

2. kgord

kgord Active Member

Oh I don't know really. I think any brand of Cuban cigar would be good. I smoke Black and Mild which is kind of like the McDonald's of cigars. I would like to try Arturo Fuentes or some kind of Havanna cigars. I think they would be awesome.

3. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Member

Black and Mild are sold commonly in the neighborhood I live in. One of my neighbors loves to go outside and smoke one of them whenever I head out to work. It does have a nice smell to it, which I prefer over regular cigarettes that I have to smell constantly during my commute.

4. MyDigitalpoint

As noted in another thread, my favorite cigars are Cuban made, hence my favorite brand has to be Cohiba.

But there is a wide variety of great and traditional Cuban brands to choose from; http://www.habanos.com/en/

Having them delivered to the USA might be still a major issue, while they are delivered elsewhere around the world or found as imported cigars for sale locally in many countries.

#4 MyDigitalpoint, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  5. crimsonghost747

Same here, I haven't tried that many different brands but Cohiba is definitely my favourite. The quality is great and they are not super expensive so I think that's a winning combination for me. ;)

MyDigitalpoint likes this.
  6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

A lot of cigar companies here are Europe exclusive, so I won't bother naming them but really.. every cuban cigar does the job for me. :D

MyDigitalpoint likes this.
  7. kgord

kgord Active Member

With the opening of diplomatic relations with Cuba we could get some Cuban cigars available and it would be really great if we did. I am thinking of some of the brands I would like to try.

8. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Member

I've always heard about how Cuban cigars were this high class cigars. Though I'm more interested in going to Cuba just to see the country itself and if I can pick up a few cigars to give out as gifts to people I know...

9. kgord

kgord Active Member

Yeah, a trip to Cuba would be pretty awesome, but I think I would just as soon go to other parts of the Carribbean I haven't been to. I would definitely go there if it was a cruiseship port of call and pick up some great cigars.

10. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan Administrator

Padron natural 1926s once a week. I have 3 aged Padron magnums left, which are literally the size of two 1926's end to end. makes for a great finsih

11. kgord

kgord Active Member

Well you sound like you are someone who knows his cigars! I would be willing to try some Arturo Fuentes, as they have an awesome reputation in the cigar world. I believe that is a Dominican brand. I think being adventurous in cigars is important.

12. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan Administrator

The Opus X series from Arturo Fuentes is their high end series. Nicaraguan inside, Honduran wrapper.

13. kgord

kgord Active Member

That sounds like a cigar that would be quite worthy to check out. I have never smoked a Cuban cigar, or many other cigars really. I am afraid I am a bit limited in that regard. Maybe some day I can experiment.

14. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

My favorite cigars have to be Cohiba cigars. I remember the first time I tried them, they are completely different to anything I have had before. If you have the chance give them a try.

15. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

If I had to pick only one, it would be Rockey Patels. Cohibas are very nice indeed. Cusanos and Arturo Fuente, at least some sticks, are not bad.

16. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

That's exactly how I feel, I can't really tell the difference between, I just know that I like to smoke everyone of them!

17. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Yeah, the difference is minimal unless you buy flavored or the most expensive ones. Or I've no idea what I'm talking about and I'm clueless about cigars, I've been rolling them myself for a while.

18. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

Yeah, the flavored ones are definitely way different than the others, and they're really good tot, different, but good. And there's a ton of flavors, just like shisha.