First Beer

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by justintheruffian, Jul 28, 2016.

1. justintheruffian

What was the first beer you ever had and how old were you? I'm sure I'm not the only one that tried beer before it was legal for me! What was the experience like? Did you like the beer you tried? Did the taste of beer have to grow on you? There are a ton of things that could come a question like this. I had my first full beer when I was 16. I had tasted sips every now and then but never enough to really grasp what beer tasted like. It was Busch and well, I wasn't a huge fan. In fact, I'm still not much of a Busch fan, honestly. However, in regards to my own question, a lot of it had to do with the fact that I just didn't like the taste of beer at that age. It was definitely an acquired taste that had to grow on me.

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I tried beer when I was 5 years old, just a sip. I didn't realize what I was drinking and I didn't like it back then, I only started enjoying it when I got to 16 and I started drinking regularly.

3. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

The first beer I ever had was a blue moon original. I had just turned twenty one and was excited that I could purchase alcohol on my own. I went to a local gas station and ended up buying a six pack of blue moons. They were disgusting and I hated them. I don't even think I ended up drinking them. My boyfriend ended up drinking the majority and laughed at me for buying the first thing I saw. :p

4. kgord

kgord Active Member

My first whole beer was probably in college. I did drink some wine at my parents house when I was a kid, and had had sips of beer, but I didn't drink in HS, but beer was always around when I was in college, so no doubt that was the first!

5. Sue

Sue Active Member

The first beer that I had was when I was 14 and I had it with my Dad. I had drinks of beer many times before that though. The beer we had is a local one only brewed and sold here and it is still my beer of choice today. I have always enjoyed the taste of beer.

6. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I was 16 when I had my first full beer. I don't remember what brand it was but I did enjoy it and found that it was very filling. It seemed like liquid food at the time.

7. explorerx7

explorerx7 Member

In my country, Red Stripe is the dominant beer I guess that from I was around nine years old I have been sipping the stuff. I guess it was illegal for me to be drinking beer at that age but at that time the authorities weren't very vigilant about that sort of thing. I would not drink the full bottle at that time but I would have a few sips of the beverage. I believe I would have started to have the whole bottle at around the age of 15.

8. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

I honestly don't recall. The first one I really remember was when I was promoted from middle school to high school, we had a family get together, and I had one in a stein. My father used to by a nice, dark beer from Munich in that era, so odds are that is what it was. I had wine before that.

9. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I believe I was 14 and I think that it was Niško Pivo. It means Niško Beer. Generally, they stopped making this beer for some period of time. Something like 15 years. It is an old beer factory in my home town and it started to work again few months ago and the beer is great actually. Much better than before. I am very happy about this happening.

10. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Glad to hear that, local beer always has that something else. We used to have a local beer company were I live but one of the bigger beer companies ended up buying it out and closing it. The whole brewery was dismantlement so there is no hope of it ever coming back again.