Have You Tried Any New Whiskey Or Bourbon Lately?

Discussion in 'Whisky Forum' started by kgord, Jul 25, 2016.

1. kgord

kgord Active Member

I haven't had anything new lately, but I will when I get a chance. I just think that I can drink what I know that I like and isn't too expensive. I would like to try some of the fine Kentucky bourbon they sell in the local ABC store, but it is a little too expensive for me right now

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I haven't, actually, mostly because I haven't been liquor shopping lately. I only delved into my reserves and those usually contain Jim Bean and Jack. :p

kgord likes this.
  3. Norm A

Norm A Member

Me neither... I haven't really had the chance to get myself anything special, so it's always just the usual that I have. I do love Jack.. and I'm not sure that I even want to try any of the other expensive ones anyway...

4. justintheruffian

No, I haven't had the opportunity. If I ever go out of town I like to try local whiskeys, but I've been stuck in my home lately. I've pretty much just been drinking what I've always drank in the past few months.

5. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

Sadly, I haven't come across something worth trying. All of the local bars are serving the same thing and have been for the last year. No one has come out and offered me anything new. When asking around for new alcohol to try, a lot of the bartenders will tell me that there is nothing newly released that's worth trying. I don't know how true that is, but it's a bit disappointing because I feel due for something new. :)

6. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

No I haven't I have been drinking pretty much the same thing that I usually do, but I think it's time for a change. There are some Irish whiskeys that I wouldn't mind giving a try.

7. Sue

Sue Active Member

I tend to pick up the same thing when I go to the liquor store. I know what I want so I am just in and out. There are so many different whiskys available I really should give some of them a try!

SirJoe likes this.
  8. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I think that you have to be in the mood for that, like you say there are so many options that it's difficult to choose. I normally will try out new whiskeys when I go out or am at a friends house. If I like it I will buy it other wise I buy what I know.

9. larryl332

larryl332 New Member

Sure haven't, unless the standard order at the bar has changed any, which I am pretty sure it has not changed for probably twenty years or so, so chances are slim. I am really not someone to branch out all the much when they get comfortable with certain brands, and it rings especially true with booze. I always have my eyes open, though, so who knows if it will be soon here. Thanks for sharing.

10. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I think this is probably one of the longest streaks I have gone on without really trying anything new. If I have, it was something that slipped under the radar and I must not have noticed. I think I need to get out more.

11. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

I'm thinking about trying Jack Daniels Red Dog Saloon, I heard it was supposed to be a limited release in 2017. It has a slightly higher proof than regular Jack and is priced about $40:eek:

12. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

No not lately, and no Whiskey at all for awhile,but would like to try a few of the following cheap Irish Whiskies this summer. Clontarf is one they mentioned for 19 dollars,another is Powers Gold Label and it has a chocolate-vanilla taste($23). The last one is Tullamore Dew,which has a interesting name that I like ,and they say it has some good citrus tastes going on($24). Has anybody tried these?

13. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

Unfortunately lately I have not tried anything new (but I know I need to change this urgently because I don't like to keep repeating the same drinks at every party).

A friend has been commenting on an Irish whisky that is great and I'll try it out soon when he comes back from his trip.

14. tony

tony Active Member

Talking about Whiskey lately I haven't tried any new one. It'll be interesting to give another make a try and I am looking at Jack which I have heard so much about.

15. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I really have not branched out and tried anything new for some time, although I do recall a new name at the bar not too long ago. Don't remember enough to have it matter though, so oh well.

16. xyrene

xyrene Member

I have been quite busy lately, so I haven't got the chance to try any new whisky brand. But I think if I have the time and I feel like it, then I would be trying out those cheap ones below $20, like Old Overholt or Old Ezra 101.