Do You Drink To Get Drunk?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lexinonomous, Jul 27, 2016.

1. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

Everyone has their reasons for picking up a glass of alcohol. Personally, I enjoy the flavor and the occasional buzz I get from picking up a drink. A drink can have a relaxing effect on the body, but it's also nice to enjoy yourself with friends. I find that drinking socially is fun as well.

Some people will drink with the intent to get drunk. I witness this a lot at parties and social gatherings, though it's more prominent at big house parties.

It may not be a regular act, but do you drink to get drunk?
    Have you ever started drinking, knowing you would black out by the end of the night?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Sometimes I do drink to get drunk, there are some situations in which I can't sleep or don't feel great and the best thing I can do is get drunk and wake up the next day with a new perspective. Usually getting drunk is a side effect though.

3. Sue

Sue Active Member

It depends on the situation. For the most part I drink socially but sometimes the liquors goes down good and I start getting a buzz on. When I get drunk I become more relaxed, talkative and really let lose so it feels good to do that every once in awhile. I never do it if I am out at a bar but if I am at a house party or camping then sometimes I will drink to get drunk.

4. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

I used to, but not so much anymore. A like to relax and get a good buzz going. But stumbling drunk? No thanks. Too much pain for no good reason.

5. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

Almost never. I never plan this but it happens. It happened that I planned because I was very much in the middle of everything and I was sick and tired but more seriously I had to get drunk to all asleep because it was the only way. I am an insomniac and when it happens no pills can help me. Only rakia or whiskey or whatever. I drink till I feel numbness and then I stop and go to sleep. That is actually very sad :(

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I don't think it's sad, if it helps you sleep then it's not the worst way of dealing with insomnia. I wouldn't suggest drinking until you feel numb but when you're starting to feel drunk start easing yourself in bed, you should fall asleep easily.

7. Norm A

Norm A Member

I got super drunk once, and I woke up the next day with no recollection of what had taken place the night before. That is never a good situation to be in. After that, I made myself a promise that I would never let that happen again, and I haven't.

8. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

It's not my sort of thing, it's not the drinking and the things you get up to that are the problem. It's the next day when you wake up with a hang over and realize what you have done. I try to avoid it, I don't mind getting mellow but I don't like getting drunk.

Sue likes this.
  9. Sue

Sue Active Member

I have to agree that is the worse part about getting drunk, waking up with regrets. Getting yourself into situations that you never would have had you been sober. I have that happen a time or two. It is much better just get mellow and have fun. Hangovers are the worse. They ruin the next day unless you start back at it again.

SirJoe likes this.
  10. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

:(If I were to say I have never drank to get drunk I would be lying, so yes I have did that a time or two. As I have gotten older though I enjoy drinking to relax and now and again get a little buzz. It's funny how with age we change our ways.:)

11. Stephens

Stephens Member

Sоmе dаys I саn drink fivе pints (wеll, hаlf litrеs, but сlоsе еnоugh) in undеr twо hоurs аnd оnly bе slightly tipsy (оr fееl соmplеtеly sоbеr), оthеrs I’m quitе sаuсеd аftеr twо pints оvеr thе sаmе timе.
    аnоthеr mаttеr is hоw muсh аlсоhоl yоu саn drink until yоu аrе lеgаlly disquаlifiеd frоm things likе driving. This is dеtеrminеd by blооd аlсоhоl соntеnt, аnd muсh lеss vаriаblе. Yеs, hоw еffесtivеly yоur livеr саn prосеss аlсоhоl еtс. pp. plаy а сеrtаin rоlе, but mаinly it’s аmоunt оf аlсоhоl, timе аnd bоdy wеight thаt соmе intо plаy hеrе.

12. tony

tony Active Member

If I do that I may jam the car. I know my limit and would never take the risk to go beyond that, I drive the car and under the influence of excess alcohol my driving would be badly affected. I don't like to gamble on the road.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

For me as well a lot depends on the time. At weekends I'll have a few beers to get drunk and have a laugh and especially if I'm out with friends and family and they're doing the same. Knowing I don't have to get up for work the next morning I know that I can drink more than I normally would and be able to have a lie in the day after.

Other times of the week I'll usually just have a drink at the end of the day as a way to relax while I'm watching TV or reading a book. Alcohol is a relaxant, and after a hard day then sometimes you do need something to calm you down before you go to bed and do it all again the day after!

14. AlexZ

AlexZ Member

It оnly tаkеs mе оnе bееr tо gеt drunk.
    I just саn wоrk оut if it is thе 15th оr thе 16th оnе thаt dоеs it.

15. Terry

Terry Member

My еxpеrinсе аs а bаr mаnаgеr wаtсhing оur wоndеrful сustоmеrs ;)
    Fаirly inеxpеriеnсеd drinkеr, 3 pints.
    еxpеriеnсеd drinkеr 4 pints plus.
    Usuаlly, оn аvеrаgе 4 tо 10 pints will dо it. еspесiаlly in а shоrt аmоunt if timе.

16. Shana Peckover

Shana Peckover New Member

I am not a drinker. I might drink once or twice a year at family get-together a or a social event. So, do I drink to get drunk? I don't drink to get sloshed, but I do fully intend to relax and catch a buzz.

17. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

Definitely not. I drink to have fun and not to get drunk (no matter what the situation). On the few occasions that this happened, it wasn't intentional.

18. overcast

overcast Member

I usually don't plan to get drunk. But it happens. And as you can see for most of us drinks just pile up one after another. And that's something different for each one of us. Some people can adjust with the drinks and some can get too much drunk. So I drink when I feel good or sad. That's all about it.

19. payaknapagiisip

Before, that is my only reason if I am going to swig a booze. I don't seem to get the rationale about why do you drink liquor and you don't let your self get drunk. For me, it was such a waste of time.
    Now that I know better, I don' do that anymore. I would pick up a glass to do casual shots only. If I would see my self right now, I would slap my face and say you and your stupid principles in life don't work. Straighten up your act.... I would definitely say that to me hahaha.

20. sommax

sommax Member

I used to until I nearly got myself jailed. I only drink now just for fun or to help me relax and I made sure I don't get drunk.