Camping

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FuZyOn, Jul 6, 2016.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

One of my favorite outdoor activities is camping, I just love getting away from the technology for a while and just connecting with nature. Fishing, making a fire, sleeping in a tent and living in the forest are the highlights of such a trip.

2. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

Camping is a lot of fun, though I don't get to do it as often as I'd like to. It's an amazing feeling when you give up everything you know for a few days. My favorite part of camping is that I have no obligation to contact anyone or respond to anyone on social media. It's a nice way to escape from my day to day life and just take a breath of fresh air.

I would love to travel and camp, but it's just not in the cards for me at the moment. One of my all time favorite things to do is take road trips, but I've never paired my road trips with camping. It'd be nice to pull over and just post camp somewhere along the way.

3. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Camping is one of those things that we have to do at least once in our lives. Either you love it or you hate it, I personally really like it. It's important to brake away from our day to day grind and get back to nature.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Road trips are definitely a lot of fun as well, usually when we're on one we stop and camp for a little bit, make a fire to eat some stuff, explore the forest and in general have a good time in the nature. It sucks it's not in the cards for you at the moment especially since it's warm outside now.

5. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

Stopping and camping sounds like so much fun to me. I wouldn't mind going on a road trip and saving money on hotels, by pulling over somewhere and posting camp.

I totally understand camping not being in the cards right now. I live in California and our weather has been insane. We've gotten up to 117 degrees outside and it's not enjoyable. I've considered moving because of this heat!

6. kgord

kgord Active Member

I used to love camping, but I don't really have anyone to go with now. My ex would go, but he makes me crazy!Also at my age, I don't think I really want to be tent camping. I want a pop up at least! I know where you can get some cabins that don't cost much maybe I will do that sometime.

7. artyarson

artyarson Member

It's one of my most favorite outdoor activities. Especially, If it's combined with BBQ and playing some games. Not video games, of course. Otherwise, that's kind of dorky :D

8. Sue

Sue Active Member

I love camping. We are big time campers. We camp every possible weekend once the nice weather arrives. We start in early May and we finish up by the end of October. We do tenting. To me that is the only way to camp. You can go to may remote areas and see some beauty sites. There is nothing quite like sitting around a bonfire having a few cold ones!

9. justintheruffian

I'm not a huge camper but coincidentally I'll be going camping this Monday! I'm going on a float trip with some buddies and we're gonna hang out and have some beers. Unfortunately the weather has been blisteringly hot, but I'm still looking forward to going.

10. Sue

Sue Active Member

I hope you have a good time. I know it is not for everyone but I love it. Be sure to let us know how it goes. Have fun and cheers.

11. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Honestly, I've never been a big fan of camping. At least overnight stays. I do enjoy a good hike at times. There is nothing like a long hike or even a good walk to clear the mind and get the blood flowing.

12. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I love camping but with right people. I had some bad experience with several idiotic people who just decided to demolish the nature with their bottles and cans. I like to live everything as it was before we came and I have to say that nature does miracles for me. When I am not camping or I have no time for any kind of activity I just go to the riverside and relax all alone. I live right next to the river so it is a blessing.

13. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Ugh, that is no good. I'm no enviro-crusader, but I still won't put up with people tossing their trash all over God's green earth. My oldest brother used to drill into us "If you pack it in, you pack it out." I think he had a good point.

14. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

The weather is perfect for camping, not too hot nor too cold. Last week it was blazing hot. Unfortunately I don't have the time to go camping right now but for those that are going enjoy yourselves.

15. Sue

Sue Active Member

When we go camping we always make sure to leave our campsite as clean as it was when we got there. We even pick up other people's garbage that they leave behind. It really bothers me when people through garbage around. Nature is a beautiful thing and there is no reason to be throw garbage around because they are too lazy to pack it up and take it with them or even use the nearest garbage can. I have seen garbage cans everywhere yet people still through trash on the ground.

16. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

So far this summer our camping spots have been filled up and there's a lot of trash around, fortunately volunteer groups have been on a cleaning spree for a few weeks. I hate when people destroy something as beautiful as nature.

17. Norm A

Norm A Member

Nothing beats camping with a couple of your buddies. No stress, no issues, no pressure - just a bunch of friends hanging out, fishing and drinking, telling jokes and having a gas...

Sue likes this.
  18. Sue

Sue Active Member

lol definitely sounds like a guys camping trip! hahahahhaa

19. overcast

overcast Member

I think camping idea sounds good. But poachers in some woods can be an issue. So on that point I'd be serious. But apart from that it looks like no issue as well. I guess it all depends though.

20. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

It's been a long time since I went camping-but it sure would be nice to get to the mountains once in awhile and breathe some fresh air. The closest thing to camping, I have done lately and on special occasions- is to light the backyard firepit with the animal cutouts on it- and burn some cherry, apple or even pinon wood , so you can watch the fire dance through the moose,wolf,deer and bear- it can be quite therapeutic to watch sometimes and the bouquet of the fire is not bad either to enjoy.

#20 FolkArtist, Feb 2, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018