Favorite Hot Weather Mixed Drinks?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Daddy-O, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Well, I don't know how the weather is elsewhere, but here it is hot. And I mean, blazing hot.

Question: what are some of your favorite hot weather mixed drinks? Care to share the recipe? Any you avoid?

Thanks for sharing!

2. Lisa Jo

Lisa Jo Member

Hot weather, I honestly think there's nothing more refreshing than a classic mojito with some crushed ice. There's something that minty and citrus combination that seems to cool me down even more. I also like a good daiquiri. I will consume those in many different flavors, but I don't like drinks with coconut, so things like Pina Coladas are out.

3. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Going through the same. I have been avoiding very alcoholic drinks because I am taking in more liquids then I would normally. The Shandy's are working out quit well. :)

4. Sue

Sue Active Member

I mostly stick with beer on hot days. For me I find that there is nothing better then an ice cold beer on a hot summer day. A mixed drink that I do enjoy in warm weather is a Crantini. It is very refreshing! Also anything that has lime or fruity flavor is a nice summer drink.

5. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

It has been a while since I've had a Mojito, but they are good. I do enjoy the classic Gin & Tonic or Tequila & Tonic. It has been ages since I've had one, but the Mint Julep is another hot weather classic.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Pretty much mojitos, they're really refresingh when it's hot outside. I've also been enjoying some tropical cocktails, especially the forest fruits ones.

7. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

I enjoy anything that involves fruit. It's nice to have a cold drink on a hot summer day, but it's even better when the drink involves numerous fruity flavors.

One of my favorite drinks to have during the summer involves frozen fruit. Blended drinks are refreshing and keep the body temperature down. The buzz isn't bad either. :)

8. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Have you tried a sangria with sparkling wine. It's really good on a hot day.

[​IMG]

or better yet on a very hot day

[​IMG]

9. kgord

kgord Active Member

I think it has been pretty hot most places. Sangria looks good. I like Margaritas in the summer. A frozen Margarita will do me just fine. Our local store has these orange dreamsicle slurpee like drinks. I heard the owner telling people that they are awesome with Vodka. I think I might just try that!

10. Sue

Sue Active Member

Oh now you have me intrigued. ..an orange Creamsicle slurpie with vodka would be amazing. It would be the perfect drink for the hot weather we have been having lately. I will have to check around and see if any of the stores around here has orange Creamsicle slurpies.

kgord likes this.
  11. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

I've had Sangria made up with the traditional red wine, but I don't recall ever trying it with sparkling wine. For a hot day, though, that might hit the spot. Thanks for the share. :)

SirJoe likes this.
  12. kgord

kgord Active Member

When I was at the store a few minutes ago, I saw that the summer alcohol drinks in a pouch were half price. I bought two of them. I was really thirsty when I got home, so I had a half frozen hurricane...boy was it good...and thirst quenching too!!:):cool:

Sue likes this.
  13. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

There is no doubt that the Spritzer is the best. White wine and sparkling water with a slice of lemon and everything ice cold of course. Some good music and running water, a girl and a nice meal. What more can a man wish for?

Sue likes this.
  14. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

I like the way you think. And, indeed, that covers the bases nicely. The simple pleasures in life are pretty much always the best. :)

15. Norm A

Norm A Member

Here in South Africa we are right in the middle of a very bitter winter, but I don't mind keeping some of these recipes for when summer finally comes. Thanks for sharing them.

Sue likes this.
  16. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Oops, forgot about the other side of the globe. Sorry to hear about the nasty winter. Our last one was pretty gnarly in these parts. I have some family and a couple friends down in Argentina, so know about the opposite. When they are warm and drinking the sangria, we're "enjoying" Ice Station Zebra. ;)

17. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Maybe for Christmas when friends and family are hanging around the Braai. Some of these recipes will really go down well.

Sue likes this.
  18. Sue

Sue Active Member

Sorry to hear that. I hope all the talk of these summer time drinks is helping to keep you warm. I hate to see winter come. I am not ready to let summer do yet. :(

19. overcast

overcast Member

I have some of the time tried tropical margarita. We also have sangria here but a bit different. Apart from that I mostly prefer the mocktail. And that can be good for the summer drink there.

20. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I always liked some tequila on the rocks for summer days-and drinking it this way is a great way to enjoy the flavor of tequila because each one has a different taste. A mixed drink though that I would like to try ,would be a tequila sunrise. This drink is made with tequila,orange juice,and some grenedine syrup. I had a T-shirt with this slogan and graphics on it, "tequila sunrise" when I went on a summer vacation as a kid-but never took much notice to what it meant.