Best House Drink You've Had At A Bar?

Discussion in 'Night Chat' started by Destiny, May 25, 2016.

1. Destiny

Destiny Member

A lot of bars have their own signature drinks. What's the best one you've ever had and what was in it?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

It was a different flavor of tequila, I can't quite remember exactly but it tasted pretty good. Also, has anyone noticed that a lot of bars have different vodkas as their signature drinks?

3. kgord

kgord Active Member

I had one one time at a restaurant that has since changed hands, It was somehting like a Bahamma Mama but that wasn't the name they were calling it. I don't remember the exact name but it had banana liqueur and it was really good, and strong. I miss that place ,they did not water down their drinks at all. Hmm, maybe why they went out of business.

4. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

My all time favorite restaurant is "The Salted Pig." They are a Gastropub in California that makes incredible food. Not only is their food amazing, but their beer selection is great as well. They have the most amazing Bloody Marys. They make their own Bloody Mary blend and for some reason it tastes unlike any other Bloody Mary I've had. They are phenomenal.

5. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

I'm not a huge fan of sweet mixed drinks, but the Flaming Doctor Pepper at the Gold Mine Saloon in New Orleans is pretty good and, well, pretty weird.

kgord likes this.
  6. Sue

Sue Active Member

kgord likes this.
  7. artyarson

artyarson Member

Yeah, I've had a lot and it's pretty hard to explain the whole beauty of it.

Vodka, cherry juice, Sprite and something else.

kgord likes this.
  8. kgord

kgord Active Member

The Flaming Dr. Pepper sounds like a real novelty and something I would enjoy drinking. I just think that there are so many exciting drinks that can be made, that people just need to experiment. I am going to google that one though. I would like to find out how it is made.

9. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I went to the Edison in Downtown Los Angeles. It is a very swanky old bar built in an old factory and they have absinthe fairies who push little carts around the bar. I once got one of their cocktails and it was okay, but not worth the $15. I think you pay more for the ambiance.

10. kgord

kgord Active Member

yes 15 dollars for a cocktail is pretty steep. I don't usually pay more than 7 or 8 for one. If they are more than that, I drink something else. Most of them you could make at home for less for sure.

11. Lisa Jo

Lisa Jo Member

Round Corner Cantina in Pittsburgh, PA has a house sangria that is the best I've ever had. Signature cocktails are not really the thing at a ton of bars around here (I'm in between Cleveland and Pittsburgh). People usually create signature drinks for events, like weddings or fundraisers. Basically, we like what we like here and it just seems to be our mission, as a drinker, to find wherever makes the best. The Rust Belt is not known for trendiness. A signature drink is probably too hip of a concept for a bar around here to really care about outside city limits particularly.

12. Norm A

Norm A Member

That is not so big here in South Africa, or they just haven't caught on yet, but while traveling I've had a Bahama Mama. It tasted really good.

13. Sue

Sue Active Member

Wow that is a lot of money for a cocktail. For that price I would not only expect it to be good but to be amazing!! I bet they don't sell too many repeats of them. People try them once and then quickly find something cheaper to drink.