One Of Those Bars

Discussion in 'Night Chat' started by Robyn, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Robyn

Robyn New Member

Tell us about 'one of those...', you know the ones that you have been to once and never again.

I am pretty sure that we all have been to either a nightclub, pubs, bars, rave club etc and thought 'hmmm, maybe I shouldn't come back here' after spending an evening there or one of those that you go in and walk right back out.

Did you go in just to see what is was all about?
    Did you go in by accident?
    Or maybe did you have a bad experience in a place like that?

2. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

Yes! I had that this week! I went to a bar that I used to drink at for years, but haven't been in recently because I wanted to lay low. Well, I went in one Sunday and it was okay, but the next Sunday it was the same thing! They had the same tired drinks and same tired performers.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I went to a shady bar a couple of years ago, known to be notorius among everyone. The place smelled like dead bodies and cigars, and the building was in pretty poor state. Never again.

4. artyarson

artyarson Member

My friend's girlfriend used to work there. We came. I had never been there before. No security. No face control. Nothing. As soon as I came, I ran into a very drunk dude who started explaining me his political preferences. Right away. I backed off and tried to avoid the conversation but he was acting a bit pushy. So, I quickly made an excuse to walk out and did it.

5. Sue

Sue Active Member

I had a friend visiting and it had been awhile since I went to a bar so I took him to a place that I knew use to be the happening place. We cab there and when we walked in it was near midnight and there was 2 people there. We had to call another cab and get out of there. We did find a fun place and that ended up being our new favorite stop.

6. Norm A

Norm A Member

I used to work in just such a bar. A lot of my friends were even too scared to come and see me there. It was in a very rough part of town and it had practically no security. It was terrible. I left first chance I got.

7. kgord

kgord Active Member

I was in a bar one time where a fight was about to break out. Actually, it did, we left before it got really going. That was my first and last time in a place like that!

8. Sue

Sue Active Member

There are some bars which are known for fights. I avoid those places. I have been at bars to where you know there was going to be trouble so I just leave. Now a days it is not uncommon for knives to get pulled or even guns.