Most Boozy Movie?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Daddy-O, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

The other day I re-watched, for like the hundredth time, the classic Casablanca. It is a great picture, with outstanding performances, and with lines you'll never forget. What I did kind of forget is how much booze flows in that picture.

It got me to thinking, what movies feature a lot of alcohol or drinking? Any you love? Any you can't stand? Thanks for sharing. :)

2. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I think that Arthur, the 1981 movie must be the most boozy movie out there. It's a comedy based on a wealthy alcoholic. He spends most of his time drinking and with hang overs.

Daddy-O and Sue like this.
  3. Sue

Sue Active Member

Animal House...lol or any of those college type movies. There is always beer flowing in those ones. Also they could be among the most hated ones too because they can be pretty cheesy and a lot of times they are so identical to each other.

4. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

All collage movies normally have a lot of booze in them. If not through out the movie at least in one part of it. The hang over that's another movie with a lot of booze.

5. artyarson

artyarson Member

Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas. However, it's more about drug experiences :D But the whole atmosphere is priceless there. I love it!

6. kgord

kgord Active Member

Leaving Las Vegas with Nicolas Cage is all about the bad side of booze. It is a real horror story, the whole movie is about his drinking to excess and dying of it. It is one of the darkest movies out there. I almost walked out of it.

7. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

It has been a long time since I've seen Leaving Las Vegas, but I do recall it being a strange and dark picture. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas managed to be even more bizarre-o, but it was more drug-fueled craziness.

8. artyarson

artyarson Member

Damn! How did I forget about the movie called "Hangover". It's pretty much based on drinking heavily. What a great comedy!

9. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

I haven't seen that one. I just looked it up out of curiosity and I don't recognize most of the actors names. What can I say, I mostly know the older pictures. The premise, however, sounds hilarious. :)

10. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I would say check out "The Quiet Man" with John Wayne and Maureen Ohara and this movie takes place in Ireland. A lot of people like to watch this movie on Saint Patrick's Day and of course if its the Irish-there is going to be a bit of drinking going on as well throughout the movie-When I drink whiskey-I drink whiskey-check this clip out below(haha)!

11. overcast

overcast Member

I think there are some comedy movies which are good to watch. In past 90s I remember there were movies where people made up on drunk scenarios. And those were very interesting movies to watch. I'd choose them but I don't remember their names though.

12. haroon rasheed

I would like to say that "Cocktail" by Tom Cruise is the most boozy movie all the time.It was released in 1988 and became popular among the people in a few days.The movie is about a bartender who dreams of becoming a millionaire.He was struck off from the school and became a full time bartender.He used all his tricks to become a millionaire.