Beer Experts Try Cheap Beers

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by FuZyOn, Jun 21, 2016.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

It depends on the cost of living, here the median salary is $250 so 1$ for a beer can be costly for some, as I'm sure not anyone can justify spending 8$ on a sixpack if they're struggling with money. I guess the best thing would be to import beverages, haha. Beer is cheap here in Eastern Europe.

Sue likes this.
  2. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

If the wine is cheaper than soda pop I would avoid it. It probably won't be very good.

3. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

This is very interesting. In Serbia we have very good beers in terms of mass production of course. There is a beer, Jelen Beer that came second in the world in 2006 by choice of people and some experts. It was a competition organized in Germany when the world cup was held. We beet some Holland beer maybe Heineken in semi finals and lost to Czech Urquell of course.

Sue likes this.
  4. Sue

Sue Active Member

Wow that is crazy. A 2L bottle of beer for $1. You would never get something like that here. Out beer is quite expensive here. It would be nice to get a break and have cheap beer for a change.

5. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

That is an insane price but is the beer any good? It's all good and well that it's cheap but if it's undrinkable, it defeats the point of buying it.

6. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I stopped drinking beer because the price went up so much,and I started drinking the 3 dollar wines they have in the different stores instead,but some are award winning ones.
    But what do you do when you get thirsty for a beer,on a hot summer's day?

I remember getting Black Label and Meister Brau beer in the store for $1.99(six pack),but that was back in the day. I was driving lately though,by Walgreens one day and saw a beer for $2.99,advertised.
    I had to take a closer look or sip of this beer,called Big Flats,and bought some,and it was quite tasty in a frosted mug. Interesting note though,is this beer is brewed by Genesee Brewing Company.

#26 FolkArtist, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017