Worst Beer You've Ever Tasted

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by justintheruffian, Jul 26, 2016.

1. justintheruffian

Alright, I've become a big beer drinker if only because I love trying new things. I'm the kind of guy who wants to try every slushie at Sonic, every ice cream from Baskin Robbins, etc. I'm the same way with beer. I'm constantly trying new beers. Sometimes it leads to circumstances where, unfortunately, I find a beer I don't like. So, with that background out of the way, what's the worst beer you guys have tried? For me, it's called Camo Black Extra. It's only sold in tallboys and it's always less than $2, if that's any indicator. It has a heavy hops taste but not the good kind. It tastes like hops mixed with stale farts, honestly.

kgord likes this.
  2. kgord

kgord Active Member

I am not sure what the worst beer I have had was, but I know the worst..I guess it is wine MD 20/20. It is totally rank, and only designed to get you drunk as quickly as possible. It is some of the nastiest stuff I have had. I would never try that again honestly. I think it should be outlawed as a matter of fact!

TakKovacs likes this.
  3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Worst beer I've ever hard? There is a company here in Romania called Argus that produces cheap beer, I was low on cash and figured I might as well spend 1$ on a bottle. When I finally had a sip of it I threw it away, it tasted like water with 1% of beer in it.

4. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

Budweiser is one of the beers that takes the cake for me. I cannot grasp why it is so popular, but I can't stand the stuff. It has such a distinct flavor that I would be able to recognize, regardless of what cup they put it into. I am just not a fan of Budweiser beer. I definitely consider it the worst beer I've ever tasted.

If I had to choose a second choice, I'd probably go with curry beer. I tried a curry beer at my boyfriend's work a few months ago and it was terrible. It tasted like liquid form indian food.

5. Sue

Sue Active Member

In Canada it is Labatts Blue. That stuff is terrible. I have had a few not so good ones like Lonestar, Lucky and I once had this beer that was in a white can with the word beer written in big black letters. Not sure who put it out because it was a no name beer. It was pretty bad but it was cheap and did the trick when I was younger. lol

6. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I have had some really bad draft beers. There are places that can't get through a barrel before it starts tasting funky. I have learned my lesson if I go to place and everyone is ordering bottled beer, I don't order the draft beer.

Sue likes this.
  7. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

It was on a high school trip in Hungary years ago. The name was Kopanyai or something like that. Lucky for us it was a big road trip over that part of Europe so we were passing by and our final destination was Prague. That was the total opposite oh Hungary.

8. Sue

Sue Active Member

That is a good idea. I never really thought of that. I've had some pretty nasty draft at times.

SirJoe likes this.
  9. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I have applied this way of thinking in other situations. I once went and bought freshly caught fish. All the locals were going for certain types of fish and would avoid others. The people that were buying the other fish were people that weren't from there. After a visitor bought a big fish that the locals didn't even give a second look at I heard one of the locals tell him.
    " Good, of course that fish is good, it's the best one here... but just soak it in lemon over night"
    Well I don't know, but any fish that you have to soak over night in lemon can't be very good. I still prefer the fresh fish that you buy and as soon as you get home you can have it.

10. TakKovacs

TakKovacs New Member

I honestly don't remember what the beer was called, but it was a memory I will never forget.
    I was staying in a small town in British Columbia, Canada when I was sixteen and befriended a handful of locals who were really awesome kids. We hung out all day and they showed me around, and later that night talked an older friend to stop by one of the state-run liquor stores and buy some booze. I had them get me some whisky, because even at that age I really wasn't a huge fan of beer. Several of them bought cheap forty ounce bottles of some Canadian made beer that I had never heard of before. I asked one of the girls we were with if I could have a drink, since I was thirsty and whiskey isn't exactly thirst quenching. Boy was that a mistake. This was almost 20 years ago, and I still remember that awful flavor. I'm not sure if there are proper words to describe it. The skunkiest of the skunk alongside what I can only compare to the sweat from a very used jockstrap. I almost threw up on the spot. The Canucks got a good giggle, but later on several of them admitted that it was pretty much the foulest beer ever, but they put up with it because it was cheap and plentiful, and all they wanted to do was get wasted. I was told not to base my opinion on Canadian beer too much on that, but ever since that night I haven't touched any beer that says "Made In Canada" on it. I'm just too afraid..

11. Stephens

Stephens Member

I wеnt tо соllеgе in Buffаlо NY, аs а studеnt yоu dоnt hаvе muсh саsh аnd yоu аrе undеrаgе, sо yоu drink whаt yоu саn gеt.
    Gеnеsее сrеаm аlе is brеwеd in Rосhеstеr NY. Wе usеd tо buy it in а bееr bаll. It wаs сhееp аnd yоu gоt а lоt оf bееr. Thе оnly prоblеm wаs, yоu hаvе tо drink it tо gеt thе dеsirеd еffесt.

12. Terry

Terry Member

god...I was in the same situation as you

13. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I can almost say with certainty that it would have been some fruity or flavored one that was meant to be all fancy or what not. I just have never liked those, and I prefer the actual beer flavor.

14. tony

tony Active Member

I am not sure I have had any beer that tasted that bad in my mouth. I have had very bitter beer and I just understood that's the taste which the beer was made of. I like bitter beer because it could be medicinal somehow.

15. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

There are lots of terrible American lagers, but yeah, I have to agree that Bud is just bad.

I've never liked it. Even when I was young and we'd be looking for cheap beer, "Not Bud!" Bleh.

As for craft beers, I recently tried a sampler pack of Tasting Room beers from Boulevard. While 3 of the 4 selections were quite good (I especially liked the milk stout), the Rosemary IPA, just didn't do it for me.

I think it might be tasty to cook with, but for drinking, not so much in my opinion. I thought the rosemary should have been subtle, but I found it heavy handed.

16. tony

tony Active Member

I am not used to Bud or a few other beer that could be deemed terrible by some people. I still wonder what could make a beer be judged that bad. I reason that a poor beer to one man may just be a correct one to another.

17. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

Sure, one man's (or woman's ;)) bad beer might be good to someone else. In fact, I'm sure that is the case, since so many people seem to like Bud.

The question was posed in a way that asked for opinions though, so I gave mine. I just don't like Bud. If other people do, that's cool too. :)

18. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

Sometimes I think maybe people just serve beer at the wrong temperature,because different beers need to be cold or warmer when served. They say to serve lower alcohol beers (light body)at lower temperatures and full body beers(higher alcohol)at higher temps. I think though,Miller High Life could be one of the worst,with kind of a sour taste?