Now That Summer Is Winding Down....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sue, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Sue

Sue Active Member

What are some of the fun things you have done this summer? We have done a lot of camping this year and have drank a hellva lot of beer. It has been a blast. We have visited a different camping location each weekend. We really never know where we are going until we get in the car and then we just head out and see where we find ourselves. We never make plans. It is more fun that way. There is a big party coming up in a few weeks called Woofstock. It is to raise money for the local animal shelter in my hometown. It is a weekend long party with camping, bands, lots of cold beverages, burnouts, etc. We have never been to it before but heard lots about it so that just may be on our agenda. :)

2. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I spent most of my summer at home working and on the swimming pool drinking beer and having fun. I haven't had much time for other things actually but I did manage to make a solar heater stock out of my beer cans so that is a good thing :)

Sue likes this.
  3. Sue

Sue Active Member

Sounds really cool so time we'll spent. Cheers!

4. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

I'll be candid, 2016 has been kind of a pain in the rump of a year. And the summer whizzed by fast. Still, there have been some fun times. I am not looking forward to the fall months, but summer sometimes lingers on longer here, so who knows.

Sue likes this.
  5. Sue

Sue Active Member

Lucky you, here the temperatures are already quite cool. The fall is in the area. Summer is all but over. It makes me sad to see it go. It seemed to go way too fast this year.

6. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I went for a late evening summer swim at the beach quite a bit this year and its quite refreshing here in florida were it gets very hot,so the gulf waters feel really, extra great this time of year. One thing about florida,is to make sure your air conditioner works in the spring time before it gets to hot. Also I own a place but have only window air conditioners-but its easy to fix the problem this way if your unit does not cool. I have lived in apartments and places that had central air-that they could never fix-but you can't live in florida and stay cool without air. In the fall of course though-it cools off fast in North Florida,so looking for some cool weather.

7. overcast

overcast Member

Summer is ending and fall is coming up. I'd love to go on beach and drink some beer or two. And that should be more than enough for relaxation for me. I find it a bit harder as well but I try to manage with what I can.