Sick Of Regular Beer, Have A Blue Beer Instead.

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by SirJoe, Aug 26, 2016.

1. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

In Hokkaido they made this blue beer by brewing it with seaweed. I wonder if it tastes like regular beer or if it has that distinctive seaweed taste.

[​IMG]

2. Sue

Sue Active Member

That would be interesting. I would think it would have a bit of a seaweed flavour. Seaweed is very salt so I think it would give it a nice flavor. If I could get my hands on some I would definitely be willing to give it a try. Its a pretty blue too! :)

3. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

When I read the title I thought it was some colouring and I immediately dismissed it as a part of a to-do-list of mine but if the colour is natural it would be nice to try it out. Seaweed doesn't sound as a good combo and a nice solution but I guess I could get used to it. I am far from Hokkaido but I would really like to try this one.

4. kgord

kgord Active Member

I would try it. The blue color looks really interesting too. I still remember in 3rd grade our teacher told us they snack on dried seaweed in Japan and brought some in for us to try. We all thought it was really interesting. I think I have had it since then a time or two, but never in a beverage. I think that would be something unique.

Sue likes this.
  5. Sue

Sue Active Member

Here dried seawood (dulse) is very popular. Everybody eats it and they also use in it seafood chowders. It is really quite tasty. It is an unuque flavor. Very fishy and salty. I think it would be a good addition to beer.

6. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I don't know if it would be such a bad combo, after all we often eat something salty when we drink beer. Either way as you say Hokkaido is some ways off, it's a pity.

7. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

I never get sick of regular beer, but in the Summer I really like to drink Apple Cider. It's like a soft version of beer with a more sweet taste. Awesome in the beach too.

8. explorerx7

explorerx7 Member

I would be willing to give the blue bear a try. I would not be too concerned about the seaweed taste because I believe that although seaweed is part of its make-up the manufactures should be able to eliminate the seaweed flavour during the brewing process. In my country, many persons boil the the "Irish Moss," which is at type of seaweed, to prepare a famous drink which does not have an unnatural taste when it is being absorbed.