Serbian Beer Jelen

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by Pavel, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Pavel

Pavel New Member

[​IMG]

Have you ever tried a Serbian beer Jelen? It is one of the best selling beers in Serbia, and I think there is not even one adult citizen that did not try this beer. But I am not sure what people abroad think about it, and does anyone know anything about Jelen. Unfortunately, I have had a problem when tried to upload a picture of it, so you cannot see, but its trademark is a deer, and translated to English, its name means the same. Jelen has a pretty affordable price, and has been drunk by all social classes.

#1 Pavel, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  2. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

It is the first I have heard of it, though I would certainly like to give it a try. If it is comparable to another beer brand, what would you compare it to? Thanks. :)

3. kgord

kgord Active Member

I never heard of it, but if I see it, I would like to try it. Most European beers are better than American beers I think because the alcohol content is higher and the flavor seems more concentrated.

4. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Generally speaking, I agree. Most American beers can't hold a candle to European beers. And there are some Mexican and Japanese beers that put our brews to shame too.

5. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

There aren't a lot of American beers here. The only ones that you can get is Bud and Budweiser, but they taste some what watered down. It won't offend you but it's far from memorable.

6. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well I cannot say that I have ever had any Serbian beer but I would love to add it to the list. My list is really not that long, so any addition is good for now.

7. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I have never heard of this Serbian beer called Jelen before, but it seems that this beer is made in Serbia by the Apatin Brewery-but it looks like the American and Canadian company, Molson Coors owns it, which is quite interesting though. The logo of a deer is cool- and Jelen means deer.

8. pmk1990

pmk1990 New Member

I actually have a whole crate of Serbian beer Jelen in my fridge. It's hard to find good beer with different beers budding up. I prefer to buy in bulk and drink it from time to time.

9. mbuzma

mbuzma Member

Never heard of this. Definitely not a popular beer in my country.

10. xyrene

xyrene Member

I haven't heard nor tried this particular type of beer since I'm not from that country. Would love to try it sometime if possible.

11. serbog

serbog New Member

Yeah I've tried it. It is good, but I'm more fond of our Macedonian beer Zlaten Dab. It's better in my opinion even though I don't drink that much beer. It's even cheaper than Jelen I think.

12. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well that was a cool little video and definitely makes me want to try it. I do not know much about Serbia but you gotta start somewhere I suppose.