Golden Cigar.

Discussion in 'Cigar Forum' started by SirJoe, Jul 7, 2016.

1. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

It was all a question of time. I am surprised they haven't thought of making these earlier. I personally wouldn't buy one of these, I buy cigars for the taste not as a fashion accessory. I'm sure there will be people that will be interested in this sort of product.

[​IMG]

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

They look kind of weird but I'm sure people would buy them because they look cool and classic, I imagine rich old people would have those. Do they even have gold on them or is it just a golden wrapper?

3. kgord

kgord Active Member

Well some people are all about status and the way things look, so I am sure it would appeal to some of those among us. I don't need the best fashion accessory personally so I don't think it would be for me. Those who enjoy that kind of thing though should go for it!

4. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

Does anyone know the point to making things with real gold? I've noticed this trending in all sorts of categories. I've even watched a video of a woman selling gold covered ice cream cones. It seems ridiculous to me and pointless.

I suppose tobacco isn't the best thing to put into your body, so gold isn't going to make much of a difference. It just blows my mind that people will throw money at something simply because it is covered in real gold. It isn't really going to effect the flavor of the cigar, is it?

SirJoe likes this.
  5. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

They must be very expensive so I'm never getting one of these but they actually look cool to own around. Smoking would just be a huge waste of money.

6. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I agree just because it's coated with gold doesn't mean it's any better for you. It certainly would be a waste.

7. Sue

Sue Active Member

Even though it is an interesting concept I don't see the point of it. I guess there are people out there who have money to burn and they would buy them no matter the cost.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

They aren't fully covered in gold, it's mostly a thin line of it that's not that expensive. People that have money to throw away like to show off, that's why they buy golden things.

9. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

Even if it is a thin amount of gold, I still find it super silly. I just don't understand the point of it all. I could see this being a great idea if the gold added some sort of flavor or benefit, but for the sake of putting gold onto things...it just seems ridiculous to me. If only I had money to spend on random things without reason, ha ha.

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

You would be surprised what people with money are capable of doing to show off their wealth and posture, they always buy the most expensive things to show off and be the center of attention, a golden cigar would be their least precious "asset".

11. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I agree with @FuZyOn, it really doesn't matter whether it's good or not just as long as people know how expensive it is. Very often it's not worth the money they are asking for it but just as long as other people recognize it there will always be someone buying it to show off.

12. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

What the heck. They look tacky and it is hard to image they taste good. Yah, pass on this one. :eek:

13. kgord

kgord Active Member

I mean why is it necessary when you are going to smoke it anyway? It is all about having a conversation piece and looking cool I guess. I don't think I would be interested in such a thing, but I guess there are those who are. They should enjoy them. I am sure they will.

14. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

That's what I thought, if you were stuck in the 70s they might look good but as expensive as they are they have this cheapness to it.

15. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

LOL! I too remember the gold-speckled everything from that era. Good lord that was tacky. It lingered on into the early 80s, but thankfully never returned.

16. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Good grief if you wanted to give something "class" all you had to do was cover it in gold. Thank goodness those times are over but by the look of this cigar, not for everyone.

17. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

True that. Remember shag carpeting, bead doors, and cheat plastic wood-grain paneling on everything? (shudder) The 70s were ghastly.

18. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Don't even get me started about the 70s, that was the decade that taste went on holiday. Combining brown, yellow and purple, any other time would probably put you in prison but back then it was seen as cool. It was also the time that a lot of barber shops went out of business along with soap companies.

19. larryl332

larryl332 New Member

Well even though it may bring back some not so great memories, I kind of wish that I was there to see it. I am betting I will say the same thing about the 90's come the appropriate time, but something about the 70's has always intrigued me. Oh well, maybe in another lifetime.

20. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I personally am more drawn to the 50s and 60s. Everything was so alive and vibrant and knowing what we know now, we would be gods or maybe thrown into the loony bin, one of the two.