Bottle Or Can...any Preference?

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by kgord, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Sue

Sue Active Member

I enjoy draft beer too. Whenever I go out the the bar I usually drink draft. I know lots of people who don't like it but I think it is great. It is also so much cheaper then beer and you get more of it so that is always a bonus! lol

SirJoe likes this.
  2. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I also prefer draft beer it always tastes better then either can or bottled beer.

3. boobsnbabies

boobsnbabies New Member

I definitely prefer cans. Granted, I usually pour them into a nice glass, but as someone who can't go a day with having something carbonated, I think (whether true or not) that there is way more carbonation in the canned version at the bottled version. It's also one of the reasons I prefer sparkling wine to champagne.

I regularly burn through my soda stream canisters at an astonishing rate as well.

4. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Funnily enough you are not the first person that I have heard says that. I personally don't find a difference in the carbonation between bottled and canned beer but a friend of mine has the same view as you and also prefers cans.

5. artyarson

artyarson Member

Bottles are not that convenient to carry them in my backpack :(

6. larryl332

larryl332 New Member

So does that mean you would take a craft beer in a can over a nicer beer in a bottle? I think that I am that way too, I am just clarifying. I think that the cans have made improvements, and they no longer have that aluminum feel to me, so that certainly helps, because I used to be all bottles but that is changing.

7. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I have had a craft beer with a CO2 dispenser in a can, it was actually very good, it tasted very close to a draft beer. When it comes to generic beer I prefer a bottle, but when I go out and I have a option between a draft or bottled beer, I prefer the draft beer.

8. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

I definitely prefer bottles over cans. It seems like Beer has a better taste in the bottle. Maybe it's just me but drinking out of the can taste different, like aluminum. If I do drink canned beer I pour it in a glass or drink it with a straw.:cool:

9. esilv

esilv New Member

It all depends on how you want to feel. A can is more casual for beer. A bottle gives it a more adventureful, formal feel....

10. tony

tony Active Member

I'll prefer my liquid in a clear transparent bottle. I feel beer are more dignified when put in bottles than in cans. I kind of like the feel and appearance of liquids in bottle.

11. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I will pick the can to pour it from because, it keeps the light,oxygen and heat from skunking the beer,better than when you pour it from a bottle. But drinking from a can or bottle is not my first choice. Pouring that frosty cold beer in a glass,is my first choice though,because you get that great aroma. You cut the sense of smell from the beer when you drink directly from a bottle or can.

#31 FolkArtist, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  12. tony

tony Active Member

A friend once joked over it according to him he doesn't like being served beer on a short thin. He was referring to cans which come shorter than bottles. Me too I like my table with bottles of beer when I am partying or having an outing. Beer is more respected in bottles

13. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I do agree with the above where if I am being served and in public I think it does matter more. It is more respectable to have some bottles gathered up.