Unusual Combinations

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SirJoe, Jul 5, 2016.

1. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I mentioned the combo of beer and coke in another thread which made made most of you gag. :D
    Do you know of any other unusual drink combinations that you like or might like.?

2. kgord

kgord Active Member

Well, I personally think the tomato juice and beer combo sounds pretty weird, but I would be willing to try it. I can't think of any other strange combinations off the top of my head, but I am sure they are out there. I know some places have a beer shake, which is like a milkshake with beer in it. That doesn't sound too good on the face of it, but it really is!

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I've been thinking about trying some pineapple and apple juice with vodka, I haven't seen something like this even when I was going to the tropical places here in Romania, should be an interesting mix.

4. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

Someone already beat me to it, but the tomato and beer combinations have always been weird to me. I love Bloody Mary's, but once they involve beer it makes me cringe. There is something around here called a Michelada. It is the combination of beer, tomato juice, hot sauce, spices, etc. It is one of the most vile things I've ever tried.

5. artyarson

artyarson Member

Tomato. Damn! Thanks for reminding me about some crazy stuff I went through not long ago. I was dared to drink a tomato juice mixed with vodka.

6. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

If you added some more ingredients you would have had a Bloody Mary on your hand.

kgord and Sue like this.
  7. Sue

Sue Active Member

I have tried beer and tomato juice once and it just wasn't my thing though I know a lot of people who enjoy it. Then again I am not really a fan of tomato juice. I do like vodka and clamato juice in s Caesar. That is one of my favorite drinks. My friend drinks vodka and coke which is a bit weird to me.

8. kgord

kgord Active Member

Vodka mixes pretty well with anything. Vodka and koolaide aren't bad if you have no other mixers. I have had it with crystal light and other drinks of that ilk. I think it does take best with some kind of citrusy or fruity drink though.

9. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I think the reason Vodka mixes well with everything is because it doesn't have a very strong taste on it's own. I think that's why you have so many flavored vodkas.

kgord likes this.
  10. Norm A

Norm A Member

I used to crave beer and coke when I was pregnant. I don't know why or how I came up with that combination in my head, but my doctor told me that it was ok to have a glass of the drink whenever the craving hit. I've never craved it again since then.

SirJoe and Sue like this.
  11. Sue

Sue Active Member

That is really strange. It is funny how you have all those strange cravings when you are pregnant. Beer and coke is definitely a different combination.

12. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I started a thread about this combo and was surprised that more people didn't know about it. I personally really like the combo.

13. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I mentioned the combination of rakija and beer that is called the reinforced concrete in Serbia. It is just for the strongest. You just drop a shot of rakija in a pint of beer and you drink slowly but bottoms up until you reach the shot of rakija and than you concrete yourself by it. It is disgusting actually.

14. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

There is a drink called, I believe, "the torpedo" that is a mix of dark German beer with Schnapps. It sounds disgusting, but it surprisingly has a strange charm to it. I wouldn't say I'd rock them all the time though. ;)

15. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

That's what I was thinking, the combo of beer and a very strong aniseed taste doesn't appeal to me, but I guess you will be so hammered after having it, you won't remember.

16. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Agreed, that doesn't sound pleasant. I suppose the beer would make a bit of difference depending on how strong or not it was. But still, indeed, that does sound like an odd combo.

17. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I think it should be quit strong, especially at the end.

18. Shana Peckover

Shana Peckover New Member

The Bloody Mary mixture sounds gross, but tastes good. The Chelada mix thing....beer and tomato juice just makes me ill. I don't know.