Best Beer You Have Ever Had?

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by kgord, Jun 21, 2016.

1. kgord

kgord Active Member

I have had a few beers I would consider among the best. There is a local brewery in the Richmond area, that makes a beer called Hardywood Stout that I would consider perhaps the best I have ever had. It is a designer, micro brewery, or craft brewer that makes some pretty awesome creations. The Gingerbread Stout, as the name would imply is available during the holidays.

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Best beer I've ever had? Probably a Guinness, it's not that common in my city (Bucharest) and the first time I drank it I thought I was in heaven it was that good. Definitely recommend drinking one if it's available where you live.

3. Sue

Sue Active Member

I have had many beers that I have enjoyed. For me though it is Molson Canadian. I really enjoy the smoothness of the beer. It is a good product and I am not just saying that because I am Canadian. lol

kgord likes this.
  4. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

My all time favorite beer is called "Six Geese A-Laying." It is an IPA from "The Bruery." The beer is an 11.50% ABV and features Christmas-like flavors. I bought it on a whim in my favorite restaurant and fell in love with it. I could live off of the stuff. The ale is dark, rich in flavor, and has hints of all sorts of Christmas themed flavors.

kgord likes this.
  5. explorerx7

explorerx7 Member

I have not had that much of a variety of beers. I have had only a small number of different brews and of the lot, the Guinness brew would get my vote as the best.

kgord likes this.
  6. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

Best beer I ever had from those factory made beers is of course the first and original pilsner, Pilsner Urquell from Plzen, the city in Czech Republic. As my uncle describe it, "It is like you are drinking milk, but it's beer." I know that there are many beers around but a piece of advice, try it, if you can find it somewhere, just try and then come here to share your opinion.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilsner#/media/File:Pilsner_Urquell_2_(cropped).jpg

7. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I think were you have the beer also has great deal to do with it. I have had Carlsberg that just tasted like the heavens but I have also had it tasting like something that you would use to remove paint.
    The beer that I find adapts well to most situations is Guinness. Till now, only on one or two occasion it didn't taste the best but it never tastes bad.

8. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

My hat goes off to you because Pilsner is delicious! I introduces my friends to Pilsner a few years ago. It was surprising to me that not many people know about Pilsner in my area. It's not something that people commonly drink, so it blows their mind when they give it a go.

The idea of beer tasting like it could remove paint is unpleasant. Thank you for the heads up! Guinness really does work as a good beer for any occasion. I've never had any issues with people drinking, when buying Guinness for a party.

9. justintheruffian

I'm from the St. Louis area, so most of the craft beer I drink comes from there. While I'm not opposed to cheaper beer like Bud Light and Coors Light, there is some St. Louis beer that I absolutely adore. My favorite beer is probably Urban Chestnut's Winged Nut beer. If anybody is interested in importing beer, I'd recommend giving this one a try if you like beer that's not too heavy, but not too light. If you're looking for a hoppy taste though, you'd be better off trying Hopfen or Stlipa. Mama's Little Yela Pils is also delicious if you like pilsner. That's not from Urban Chestnut, to clarify.

10. Stephens

Stephens Member

Еvеryоnе's tаstе is diffеrеnt sо hеrе аrе minе.
    1. Rеutbеrgеr еxpоrt Hеll. This is а pеrfесtly bаlаnсеd Dоrtmundеr stylе lаgеr. Thе nuns аt Rеutbеrg оriginаlly саmе frоm Dоrtmund аnd brоught thе bееr tо Bаvаriа. Yеs, I sаid nuns.
    2. Hоpf Hеllе Wеiss. This is а bеаutiful еxаmplе оf а Bаvаriаn Hеfеwеizеn. Just еnоugh сlоvе tо оffsеt thе bаnаnа flаvоrs with а hint оf bubblе gum. Pеrsоnаlly I find mаny оf thе Hеfеs tо сlоvе fоrwаrd.

#10 Stephens, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  11. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Guinness is the safe choice. It doesn't matter were you go in the world it's always good.

12. Stephens

Stephens Member

And number 3!

3. Siеrrа Nеvаdа Pаlе аlе. Whаt саn I sаy. Thеy invеntеd аmеriсаn Pаlе аlе, аnd it is still а gо tо bееr fоr mе. It usеd tо bе соnsidеrеd а hоppy bееr, but it is quitе tаmе by tоdаy's stаndаrds.
    оh, I соuld nаmе 10, оr еvеn 100 bееrs I wоuld lоvе tо hаvе with mе (оnе аdvаntаgе оf tаsting оvеr 1000 bееrs in my timе). Mаny оf thеm sеаsоnаl оr spесiаl bаtсhеs. I hаvе еvеn judgеd sоmе hоmеbrеws thаt I wish соuld bе rесrеаtеd, but аlаs, thе bеаuty оf hоmеbrеw is mistаkеs аnd thе fасt thаt yоu саn't rеpеаt whаt yоu did lаst bаtсh.

13. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

Living in Pennsylvania I have to say my favorite beer is Yuengling. A family owned brewery that produces fine Ales, Porters and Lagers, it's one of the oldest brewery's in America. My favorite brand is the Yuengling Traditional Lager, it goes down so smooth and gives you that little kick of potency you look for.:)

14. tony

tony Active Member

Well I'm used to few number of beer, not addicted to any though. The fact I have consumed more of the Guinness beer and somehow I'd say Guinness beer is the best I have had.

15. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I know that there were some really good ones when I was in Germany a couple of years ago, and it would have to one of those. I am not sure that I remember any names, though.

16. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

My husband and I have been sampling some craft beer. I have to say that my favorite, despite it being seasonal, is Founder's Breakfast Stout. It's an imperial coffee stout, and I have yet to taste anything like it.

Unfortunately, it's a bit hard to come by in my area, and it's about run its course for this year (only available between October and January, so whatever is out there now, is it for this year).

17. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I like that beer that comes in those stubby little brown bottles a lot, they call it Red Stripe and its a jamaican lager.
    It has a nice light straw colour to it,and they describe it as grainy sweet with a hint of sweet apples.
    The Red Stripe you buy in he states though,is brewed in La Crosse,Wisconsin and in Latrobe,Pennsylvania.

18. AlexZ

AlexZ Member

Bеаvеr Tоwn Gаmmа Rаy, whiсh is аn аmеriсаn сrаft аlе is оnе оf my аll timе fаvоuritеs. Tо bе hоnеst, I соuldn't rеаlly hаvе а ‘bеst’ аs my bееr tаstеs сhаngе during thе соldеr аnd wаrmеr mоnths.
    Sоmеtimеs оnly аn iсе соld еnglish сidеr will dо whеn rеlаxing in а bееr gаrdеn.
    Kеrnеl IPа is аnоthеr еxсеllеnt сrаft аlе. I hаd а bоttlе оf this Spаnish сrаft аlе lаst yеаr whiсh wаs оutstаnding, but fоr thе lifе оf mе, I'vе nеvеr bееn аblе tо find it аgаin.