Knowing Your Beer By Color.

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by SirJoe, Aug 26, 2016.

1. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Here is a chart that has beers separated by color. I don't know they brands that they used as a reference but it's interesting seeing what the different types of beer look like when compared to each other.

[​IMG]

2. Sue

Sue Active Member

Oh this is a very cool chart. I like it. It is awesome to see the many variations.

3. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I very interesting explanation though I was thinking about having this glass so it looks like I have all these beers at the same time since the other thing is totally impossible :). It is a nice fantasy. Anyway, I didn't know all this but I have noticed a slight difference in colour in some brands I am usually having and the taste is a bit different too.

4. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

As good as this chart is I still think that we should try them all. Just in case it's not 100% accurate. :D

5. larryl332

larryl332 New Member

Oh wow, thanks for that. I am not sure I have seen a graphic like that before, but it is very informative. I would like to think that I am pretty good at distinguishing between them, but sometimes it can be a bit difficult. I agree with needing to try them all, though.

SirJoe likes this.
  6. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Pretty cool chart. Infographics are generally kind of fun and informative. Make one for beer and it is even more so. :D

SirJoe likes this.
  7. kgord

kgord Active Member

I like that chart alot...Thanks for posting! Around here there don't seem to be too many beers that are on the middle part of the spectrum.IPA's are popular, and dark beer less so, but not a whole lot in the middle part of the chart.

SirJoe likes this.
  8. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

The only problem with the chart is that I don't know any of the beers that are on the chart. It would be great if they had more internationally known beers.

9. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

Yes,beer gets its colour from the following and including-malt,extract type,hops used,water chemistry,aging,boil times,oxidation,and fining. Its a cool chart that you are showing,with the different colours,but looking at this chart is kind of making me thirsty for some Irish Red Ale though.

10. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

I confess that I had never stopped to think about that aspect of the color of beer that I drink. But it is a very curious fact.

I'll start putting it into practice very soon. Thanks for the tip. ;)