Have You Ever Mixed Coffee With Anything Alcoholic?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by artyarson, Jul 5, 2016.

1. artyarson

artyarson Member

I never tried that but I'm willing to experiment. And what was your experience?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Yeah, sometimes I add a little bit of whisky to my coffee (not when I have work or need to drive later that day though) and it definitely gives you a kick start for the day. It's an added boost to the caffeine really. :p

3. artyarson

artyarson Member

Hm... sounds like a great idea to pull off. I've recalled an experience I had a couple of years ago. I added some Jagermeister to my cup of coffee. It's turned very strong.

4. artyarson

artyarson Member

Anyone's willing to try vodka mixed with coffee? :D

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Ha, Jagermeister with coffee is definitely a strong combination, how did it taste like? :D Not so sure about combining vodka with coffee though, I feel like it may be too strong.

6. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Yes, I have had coffee with whiskey and fire water. Both can really be very good.

7. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

One of my favorite ways to drink coffee is with Irish Creme. It is one of the most delicious experiences, ever. I don't put liquor into my coffee very often, but when I do, it's Irish Creme. It just fits well with coffee, especially if you go for a better quality coffee. I can't imagine any other liquor tasting as good, but I'm sure anything with a cream base would be delicious. You should give it a try! :)

8. Sue

Sue Active Member

I have had Baileys Irish Cream in my coffee a number of time. It is awesome and gives your coffee not only a good flavour but a bit of a kick. What better way to start the morning? ;)

9. explorerx7

explorerx7 Member

I have never tried it but I have had coffee liqueur before and it had really packed a punch. I guess I had too much too quickly and it gave be a big headache. I think I would really like to give my own coffee and liquor mix a try.

10. kgord

kgord Active Member

Yes, I have had coffee with Kahlua, delicious, with Bailey's also delicious and with whiskey. It can be a really good combination of chocolate and whiskey. It sounds to me. This is the thing that you can use in coffee.

11. Lisa Jo

Lisa Jo Member

Bailey's Irish Creme is excellent in coffee. I have also had Kaluha quite often, too. I have tried flavor vodkas in coffee a few times, but I prefer Bailey's over everything.

Sue likes this.
  12. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

Oh yes. I love coffee and of course I love Irish Coffee. I like to put Bailey's, burbon or whiskey, rum and even vermouth. What can I say, I like to experiment but whiskey is always a good choice with a bit of rum and some whipped cream or Bailiey's ... Mmm. Homer like.

13. Norm A

Norm A Member

I saw it on a movie once a few years ago and I decided to try it out. I poured a bit of whisky into my coffee just to try it and see how it tasted and I was pleasantly surprised. Now I do it all the time. It's great.

14. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

It's a really good combo I don't know why more people don't do it. It's the cherry on the cake after a good meal.

15. Sue

Sue Active Member

A bit in your morning coffee would sure make the work day a lot better! lol Oh if only....:/

16. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

Every now and then I put a little bit of Kahlua in my coffee. It warms me up nice in the cold months. Baileys is another great choice that goes well with Coffee. :rolleyes:

17. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I used to enjoy some of that Bailey's Irish Cream in my coffee every now and then, but I still only really drink coffee int he morning so that kind of makes it out of the question, unless it is one of THOSE days.

18. tony

tony Active Member

I haven't mix coffee with any alcoholic drink. I can't imagine the taste, it may look great. The main issue, is it healthy for the body.

19. kgord

kgord Active Member

I have had whiskey in coffee. I'd have to have some kind of cream as well. It is just one of the things that I like. Whiskey can be very tasty in coffee but you have to be in the mood for it.

20. clair02

clair02 Member

I do it all the time, especially in winter. I don't know why but it seems to taste much, much better when it's cold outside. LOL> But seriously, I find the drink so soothing that I'm starting to find plain coffee a little boring...