Smoking And Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Cigar Forum' started by tony, Jan 18, 2017.

1. tony

tony Active Member

Do you smoke when pregnant? If yes, don't you think this can have some negative effects on the health of the child. I strongly think smoking during pregnancy is medically harmful to the child especially at third trimester

AngelaMc likes this.
  2. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

Hi tony, before I got pregnant I was a pack a day smoker. As soon as I found out I was pregnant I weaned myself off of them. I believe Smoking during Pregnancy is harmful to the baby, even being around second hand smoke is just as harmful in my opinion. Anyone that smokes needs to consider the effects that it could have on the fetus.:(

3. esilv

esilv New Member

Women should not smoke while pregnant under any circumstances. This is due to the fact of the effects that this has been proven to have on the overall emotional, mental and physical development of the baby inside the womb. Such effects will carry on for the rest of their lives, in many cases.

4. tony

tony Active Member

Quite pleased to read your responses. There is what just came to my thought right now, it's the issue of addiction. How do women that were addicted to smoking cope during pregnancy knowing fully well smoking could affect their baby.

5. AlexZ

AlexZ Member

Smоking whilе prеgnаnt is hаrmful bесаusе оf thе wаy thе bоdy rеасts tо thе соntеnts оf thе сigаrеttе smоkе. Thе umbiliсаl соrd соnstriсts, саusing thе flоw оf vitаl nutriеnts tо drаmаtiсаlly slоw dоwn. Thе fеtus rеspоnds in а wаy indiсаtivе оf distrеss, еасh аnd еvеry timе а prеgnаnt mоthеr smоkеs аnd fоr 15-40 minutеs аftеrwаrds. Thе сhеmiсаls in thе сigаrеttе smоkе аlsо pаss tо thе сhild in utеrо. Studiеs shоw еvidеnсе оf mаny соmpliсаtiоns аnd birth dеfесts саusеd by smоking whilе prеgnаnt.

6. Stephens

Stephens Member

I аlwаys imаginеd thаt whеn bаbiеs аrе bоrn tо smоkеrs оr with substаnсе аddiсtiоns, if thе mоm hаd еvеr thоught оf it likе hоlding а сigаrеttе tо а nеwbоrn's lips, оr сосаinе tо thеir tiny nоsеs, еtс. Mоst pеоplе аrе shосkеd by thе suggеstiоn оf suсh а thing, but thаt is my pоint. Nо оnе wоuld givе а nеwbоrn bаby сigаrеttе smоkе оr illiсit drugs, but hоw is this diffеrеnt? аgаin, this is thе mindsеt thаt wоuld nоt аllоw mе tо еvеn think аbоut smоking оr bе nеаr sесоndhаnd smоkе whilе prеgnа

7. Terry

Terry Member

Smоking by а mоm hаs bееn shоwn tо rеsult in:
    bаbiеs bоrn prеmаturеly
    bаbiеs bоrn tоо smаll
    bаbiеs bоrn prеmаturеly
    bаbiеs whо diе bеfоrе birth
    bаbiеs bоrn with hеаrt dеfесts
    bаbiеs whо dеvеlоp lеаrning disоrdеrs]\

8. tony

tony Active Member

These negative developments arising from smoking during pregnancy are enough for women to desist from the act during the period of pregnancy. Smoking tends to be detrimental to the body.

9. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I would really hope that at this point in time people are well aware of the need to just avoid this if there is a baby involved. Of course you will always have your cases of those who don't, but oh well.

10. xyrene

xyrene Member

I haven't been pregnant yet, but it is medically proven that smoking can have harmful effects to the baby, so it should be common sense that should prevail when a smoker mom is pregnant and she should temporarily stop the habit.

11. Vallante

Vallante New Member

There's no matter of opinion involved here; we know smoking is objectively dangerous during pregnancy. It's not just direct smoke that causes problems, either. The nicotine and carbon monoxide you can ingest from second-hand smoking will impact the baby's development, as well. Smoking during pregnancy is one of the most common causes of low birth weight, premature birthing, and still birthing. Just don't do it.

12. haroon rasheed

Smoking during pregnancy is very harmful for the development of baby.Smoking may destroy the normal situations of the new coming baby.But I think so that everyone should avoid smoking because it is too dangerous for a normal person.

13. dionnextherese

Smoking while being pregnant is a bad combination especially to your baby. Smoking can affect your child's health and of course the development.

14. pmk1990

pmk1990 New Member

Smoking is bad for pregnant women but how would you help a woman who is addicted and can't stay for a few days without smoking and above all she is pregnant ?

15. mbuzma

mbuzma Member

Well, I have never heard of smoking having an effect on the baby, but who knows. It's best to avoid it during pregnancy.

16. overcast

overcast Member

I think in terms of the pregnancy you can see that many things affect health. And with kids having the issue with autism and other disorders. I am sure that people can have more better health if they have pregnancy without smoking and drinking.

17. walter12

walter12 Member

Smoking while being pregnant is pretty stupid

18. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I would say smoking while pregnant is a major cause or the major cause of complications while you are smoking. Some of these problems include -babies being born prematurely,and babies born to small. It can be really hard on the baby, because the smoke gets into the bloodstreem and this is the baby's only source oxygen and nutrients.

19. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I would hope this day and age people would know even more about the dangers. I have failed to come to grips with the fact that I am pretty sure my mother smoked when I was in there though.

20. serbog

serbog New Member

There are a lot of negative effects when smoking while being pregnant. I suggest if you even slightly want the child to be healthy both physical and mental to stop. It's can really mess the child even before it's born and can lead to some serious problems later on. If you really want to smoke maybe a cigarette won't hurt, but I suggest you stop them while you are pregnant and continue after.