Newbie Starting To Learn To Drink

Discussion in 'Night Chat' started by DR KOKIL AGARWAL, Feb 14, 2017.

1. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

I'am 32 years old and still haven't tried drinking alcohol ever in spite of living in a society where drinking is very prevalent.
    I really want to start it now .
    Any advice for for which drink should I start with. Is it Vodka or wine? images (4).jpg

2. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

If you have never drank before I personally wouldn't start off drinking Vodka. Wine would be your better choice. Also you should consume in moderation.

3. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

Can you suggest me which wine should I drink? How does it taste?

4. rz3300

rz3300 Member

This kind of makes me wish that I could go back to that point in time. I bet that I would feel a lot better overall, so you might want to sit and enjoy it a bit.

5. tony

tony Active Member

I think you start by drinking Wine as others have equally advised here. You just have to learn to drink moderately and know your fill to avoid unnecessarily getting drunk.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

Personally, if a person has never drank alcohol before then I would advise them to just start on the mainstream beers to start off with, as they are a lot weaker than spirits or wine. Obviously your tolerance will need to be built up to alcohol, and you'll find that while others are drinking whisky or vodka and having a good time, you'll be drinking two bottles of Heineken and on your way home in a taxi for the first few weeks!

7. xyrene

xyrene Member

Wine is indeed a good choice, but it's a bit expensive compared to beer. How about you start with beer first? It's the cheapest alcohol out there and readily accessible in every store.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL likes this.
  8. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

My first start was with beer only. But it tasted so bad that I had to immediately spit it. This experience kept me away from alcohol for another 6 months.

I accept that wine is expensive so I would say that vodka is a good option to start with. That too mixed with cold drink or juice. This option worked the best for me.

9. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

If you're still starting to drink, you better start with something light... I mean, a simple beer, for example. It would be very good for you. :D

P.S: Avoid any heavy drinks. :)

10. tony

tony Active Member

I quite agree newbies should learn how to drink beer by starting with the brands that are not heavy as in not much of alcoholic content relative to the other brands. This way they can control their consumption better.

11. xyrene

xyrene Member

Vodka? It tasted as equally bitter as beer, I tasted the brand Absolut. Unless you place a whole lot of ice in your glass, then they will taste very bitter when undiluted.

12. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

I started with vodka in a juice or soft drink. That is why I did not feel the bitterness. Slowly I got along and started liking the taste.

13. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

One of the drawback with beer is that it has to be consumed as it is. It cannot be mixed with any soft drink or vodka. This makes the taste unbearable for a newbie like me. That is why I prefer vodka.

14. Shine_Spirit

They should view this as a golden rule, but unfortunately many of them prefer to be irresponsible (often knowing how bad this is for them :().

15. tony

tony Active Member

That's how it supposed to be but are they willing to take it gradual I don't think so. Many seem to always want to imitate others who probably have been drinking for long.

16. xyrene

xyrene Member

Ah I see. Well that's good that you have adjusted to the taste of vodka. I guess you will never try to drink beer more for the same reason, which is just ok too, since beer may damage our liver in the long run.

17. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

Is that so??? But I was unaware of this aspect of drinking beer. My husband drinks beer very often. So is it really detrimental for his liver?

18. Shine_Spirit

Exactly!:)

I that's where the danger lives because they seem to be unaware that each person has a specific type of metabolism. The product consumed may be the same, but the body's responses may be quite different.

19. xyrene

xyrene Member

20. DR KOKIL AGARWAL