Do You Have A Cigar Preference?

Discussion in 'Cigar Forum' started by kgord, Aug 26, 2016.

1. kgord

kgord Active Member

There are many types of tobaccos used in cigars, sweet, and aromatic...to strong and robust. What kinds of cigars do you prefer? Do you like the sweet ones or the ones who have a stronger flavor? It is really a matter of personal preference. Some will go right for the mild others like a stronger blend in their cigar. It seems like the larger the cigar the more mild and sweet it is.

2. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

I like natural, creamy cigars mainly. I don't like any artificial flavors, any adulterants, or machine rolled sticks. For the price, it is hard to beat Rocky Patel's offerings. A nice Cohiba, while a bit more, are a fine smoke.

3. kgord

kgord Active Member

Rocky Patel is a well known cigar. When I smoke them which is not often, I like to smoke a Black and MIld which is actually made from pipe tobbacco. It is a cheap but mellow little cigar. I enjoy it.

4. Sue

Sue Active Member

I like the mild ones. something sweet and mild but not too strong. A cigar that has a smooth taste.

5. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I like a strong tasting cigar like a Cohiba, with strong earthy tones and a characteristic flavor. I have had sweet cigars before but I found them a bit confusing, I don't normally associate the two flavors.

6. larryl332

larryl332 New Member

I am right with you here. I cannot really speak to any specific brand or anything, because I really do not indulge myself all that much, or at least I try to limit it to special times. That said, though, anything too strong is off putting to me, so I like the more mild and smooth ones.

7. AlexZ

AlexZ Member

In nо pаrtiсulаr оrdеr:
    еl Rеy Dеl Mundо - Rubustо Suprеmо
    Rосky Pаtеl - Thе еdgе, Mаdurо

8. AlexZ

AlexZ Member

сао - Pilоn оr Brаziliа, Tоrо
    Mоntесristо - Whitе Sеriеs, сhurсhill
    Liсеnсiаdоs - Tоrо

9. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I do not smoke enough cigars to have any sort of preference when it comes to brand, but I will say that I prefer a shorter or smaller one, because after a while they make me feel sick.

10. xyrene

xyrene Member

I never tasted a cigar yet, I prefer cigarettes. When I do buy a pack, I prefer the menthol variant. I don't like the regular one, it tastes too "strong" for me.

11. Zero

Zero Member

I wouldn't say i have a preference when it comes to cigars but i like the light ones.

12. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

No, because I've never been a "real" smoker, let's just say so. I only smoked for random reasons, but not for really liking it... So, the brand was never an important fator for me.

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I'm not that picky when it comes to cigars, basically everything that has a rich and vintage taste is good to me. I love the cigar flavour though, that's a bonus!

14. dionnextherese

I'm not really choosy when it comes to cigar brands, I just like all of them.

15. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I never smoked a lot of cigars but when I was younger I would enjoy some cherry flavored cigars- called Middleton's Black & Mild which were fun to smoke along with having some wine or beer after a hard day. They come in a lot more flavors these days and are quite economical- some other flavors include wine and apple also.

16. rz3300

rz3300 Member

When it comes to a brand or anything I cannot say much, but usually the more exotic name the better but that might just be my lack of understanding. Either way though I do like ones that are not huge, as those I can never get through.