Alcohol Smell From Mouth

Discussion in 'Whisky Forum' started by DR KOKIL AGARWAL, Mar 20, 2017.

1. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

Some kind of whisky have a very bad smell and leave a smelly mouth as well as breath the next day as well. What are the best ways of relieving this smell?

Such smell can be really irritating especially to a person we are talking to.

2. ptahm22

ptahm22 New Member

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Well, us alcohol drinkers have to keep gum handy for situations like these. I've gone through so many packets just because I like to drink a lot (responsibly, of course :p).

AngelaMc likes this.
  4. tony

tony Active Member

I think to eradicate alcohol odour oozing from the mouth would be to ensure a thorough wash of the mouth using toothbrush and a good paste after a drink

DR KOKIL AGARWAL likes this.
  5. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

I think this helps to reduce the intensity of smell but still it prevails inside the mouth.

For me the idea of a strong mint gum is much better. What do you think?

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

As with anything that as a strong scent and flavour, alcohol is going to leave a taste in the mouth and a smell. As others have said though, apart from making sure that you brush your teeth after you have finished drinking and then again in the morning before you go out, used mouthwash and gum, then there's not a great deal more that you can do.

As far as I know there isn't anything that you can use that neutralises the smell, so it is just a case of trying to mask it the best you can.

7. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

Beleive it or not, but a raw potato placed inside of your mouth between your cheek and gum removes the odor. I laughed when my brother told me this, I didn't think it would work, and I thought he was joking with me. So needless to say I had to try it because it left me wondering if it really worked, and guess what, it really does. Try this method out, it's a bit of a home remedy.

8. tony

tony Active Member

I remember a few smokers I knew sometime ago had it that after a smoke a lick of sweet like Tom Tom can help. They believe the soothing effect from this agent can help to deaden the odor in the mouth.

9. IbrahimNeko

IbrahimNeko New Member

I believe this is a big issue with most, if not all drinkers. I also think that while there are tips and tricks that can be used to reduce the smell of alcohol on one's breath, it can never be thoroughly eliminated.

Most of you have mentioned chewing gum, but an addition I can make is eating food before and while drinking. Also, taking water with your alcohol helps, as well as having a garlic-filled breakfast. Have an alcohol-free breath guys!

10. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

Does eating food before and with alcohol really helps in reducing the smell. I think this is something most of us do. Snacks and drinks usually go together. Still. the mouth can stink badly.

11. AlexZ

AlexZ Member

оnе оf my friеnd, whо оftеn drink hаs suggеstеd tо оur friеnd tо сhеw pаpеr fоr 3–4 minutеs аnd surprisingly thаt friеnd tоld thаt, duе tо suсh tips hе соuld sаvе himsеlf frоm his pаrеnts….

12. AlexZ

AlexZ Member

Plеаsе nоtе, I hаvе nеvеr triеd it

13. Terry

Terry Member

numbеr 1 tооl in yоur аrsеnаl: а gооd tоnguе sсrаpеr. thе plаquе оn yоur tоnguе will hоld mоrе оdоr thаn аnything еlsе еxсеpt а mustасhе.
    flоss, brush tееth, sсrаpе tоnguе, usе listеrinе (rеаl listеrinе with аlсоhоl) аnd whеn yоu spit thе listеrinе if yоu hаvе fасiаl hаir mаkе surе tо lеt thе listеrinе dribblе thrоugh yоur mustасhе, оr wаsh it rеаlly wеll sеpеrаtеly.
    If pоssiblе, gеt аll yоur gаs burpеd оut bеfоrе dоing this, аs thаt will bring bасk sоmе оf thе оdоr. аsidе frоm а squirt оf соlоgnе, thаt’s аll оnе nееds tо dо tо rеmаin ninjа.

14. rz3300

rz3300 Member

In general I always try to carry around some type of mine or something, but especially when drinking harder booze. The darker it is the worst it smells usually, on the breath at least.