Drink Up Whiskey Is Healthy For You.

Discussion in 'Whisky Forum' started by SirJoe, Aug 25, 2016.

1. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

2. kgord

kgord Active Member

I think alcohol in general is good for you as long as it is drunk in moderation. It doesn't surprise me that whiskey is good for you, since so many other forms of the beverage are..Count me in I say. It is a good thing to drink!

Sue likes this.
  3. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Hey, who knew whiskey was a health drink. Excellent! :D

In all seriousness, I have noticed the immunity aspect. In the times I was a teetotaler, I seemed to get sick a lot. When hooching, hardly ever. Maybe a coincidence, but over all these years, I don't think so. And there appears to be some solid science now.

Sue likes this.
  4. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

First we had wine, then we had beer, they couldn't leave whiskey out of the mix. :D

Sue likes this.
  5. Sue

Sue Active Member

So drink up, enjoy and be healthy! Cheers!

SirJoe likes this.
  6. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Not that I needed an excuse before but now I have the perfect excuse. :D

7. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

Here's to your health,and this is good news,and I will drink a few shots on ice to this article.Whiskey is a blood thinner and helps you from having heart attacks,also prevents cancer. What a wonderful health food drink,of course you should only drink in moderation and remember a few shots of Whiskey, now and then,keeps the doctor away!

8. tony

tony Active Member

That's my take too when it comes to drinking alcohol, it should be taking in moderation. Alcohol may actually be good for the body if well regulated.

9. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

Well yeah, all that alcohol kills the germs, ha ha.

Kidding aside, I had no idea that there were relevant health benefits associated with drinking whisky. There are quite a few according to the article, and they are pretty important ones (heart health, cancer, etc.). Who knew?

I'll drink to that. Let's all have a shot.

10. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

This is a great article, I knew wine and beer had many health benefits when drank in moderation, but I never imagined whisky did. I thought it was less fattening than beer and now that article proves it. Cheers

11. tony

tony Active Member

Whiskey and beer are virtually same execept for the color and flavor. Whiskey is made from corn fermented the same way as beer. It's fine to think Whiskey should have medicinal value too

AngelaMc likes this.
  12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Alcohol can be good for you in small, daily dosages. It's not limited to whisky. I guess there's more incentive to enjoy drinking, am I right?

13. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I do bet that if you search hard enough there are probably some studies out there that show some benefits. There are probably a good amount of other ones though too.

14. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

That's probably true. If you look hard enough, you can probably find a study somewhere that agrees with you. I always said that coffee, chocolate, and drinking had to be good for you, just because I enjoy them. Lo and behold, there are actually some health benefits to all of the above when used in moderation. Bonus for me, ha ha.

I was actually surprised by the benefits of whiskey though.