Crown Royal Crowned World Whisky Of The Year

Discussion in 'Whisky Critic Articles' started by Alex Bean, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Alex Bean

Alex Bean Administrator

View the Post on the Blog

2. Sue

Sue Active Member

Being a Canadian I am very proud to see Crown Royal place frst place with such a high score. It is definitely my whiskey of choice. I have tried many but I always go back to Crown Royal.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Ha, whisky for $25 a bottle wins this prize, who would've thought! I love the quality of this one!

Sue likes this.
  4. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Member

I need to get my hand on this bottle since it has such a high praise. It's just a shame that the liquor stores near where I live don't stock it, so I'll have to be forced to travel far just to get some.

5. Sue

Sue Active Member

I actually just picked up a bottle of it and have it tucked away to enjoy over the holidays.

6. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Member

Damnit, stop making me feel jealous, lol. Screw it, I'm going to go get a bottle for myself just so I can have something to drink for New Year's Eve. I can always lie and tell my cousin their present was lost in transit. They'll never know...:p

7. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

I'm glad to hear Crown Royal won the best Whiskey of the year 2016. I'm definitely going to have to try the "Crown Royal Northeren Harvest Rye" at some point, and I don't think $25 is a bad price at all.:)

8. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I used to love me some Crown, but after a while it just kind of ended up tasting like the others. I think you always need a good break from something you love.

9. explorerx7

explorerx7 Member

Congrats to Royal Crown that's a great achievement. One Royal Crown on my shelf to show off and celebrate the best.

10. xyrene

xyrene Member

Well, if this particular whisky is the "World Whisky Of The Year for 2016", then I guess it must be that good. It's also affordable at $25 per bottle, so I might try this one out sometime.

11. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

Great to see Crown Royal Whisky(northern harvest rye) get the prize for "World Whisky of the Year" for 2016, and I have had some of this Whisky before but not the Rye one. It is known for being a nice smooth Whisky without any alcohol burn, like some Whisky has. It does have a elegant and gentle bouquet and it comes wrapped in a purple-coloured cloth bag which was cool !

Crown-Royal-Canadian-Whiskey_main-1.png

12. dionnextherese

This was actually posted in 2015 not 2016. However, the facts that you stated here is correct. Crown Royal whisky is my got to whisky.