Beer In Winters

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by DR KOKIL AGARWAL, Apr 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

Do you prefer to drink beer even in winters? Beer is usually preferred in a chilled manner and that too during summers. But still there are many people who drink beer independent of the season?

Will oyu drink beer during extreme cold temperatures?

2. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

Yes, when the temperature falls below 60, you should drink darker and maltier kind of beers. A lot of these beers feature coffee,chocolate and spices as well. Also some christmas ales have cinnamon,nutmeg,vanilla,cloves,and orange peel in them to add some great seasonal flavors. So go with the dark beers in winter like the stouts and porters.

thisnthat and DR KOKIL AGARWAL like this.
  3. tony

tony Active Member

Well I have not been taking note of how enjoyable beer is at the different seasons. I am not a regular drinker but whenever the occasion is right I am good with beer on an outing irrespective of the season.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL likes this.
  4. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

I was unaware of this categorization of beer. Thanks for sharing the information. Now when the temperature drops dark beers will be preference for sure.

But still, is it safe to drink chilled dark beer during winters ?

5. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

You mean to say that even if the temperature is pretty low , you can drink chilled beer. Or do you take it in a manner and not cold?

tony likes this.
  6. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

They serve these winter beers at 45 to 50 degrees which is at a higher temperature,and yes they are winter warmers and they are brewed to warm you up,but not with actual heat, they have a higher alcohol content than the summer like beers. The ABV is 6 to 10% in these beers and they are usually sweeter and have a darker malt.

7. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

The variety of craft beer is pretty great. There are many types and styles, and some are better for different occasions or seasons.

Still, I say find what you like and drink it when you want to. While the darker brews and those with higher ABV are more suited to sitting inside by a fire, I like them year round. They just taste better to me, since they are quite rich.

Of course, a refreshing beer is quite nice during warmer weather too, sometimes. It's really up to you.

Yes, it's still safe to drink. It's more of a preference thing.

8. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Yes they go together quite nice, but they also work in summer and other times. I do like them more in the cold though, especially the heavier ones.

9. tony

tony Active Member

Not really, if the temperature is that low, naturally I wouldn't like take cold drink even if it is water. In same manner I wouldn't enjoy my beer if I take it at very low temperatures.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL likes this.
  10. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

This is what I wanted to know exactly. There are only a very few who will prefer drinking a cold beer or any cold drink in low temperature.

I really can't figure out how people manage to do so.

11. tony

tony Active Member

One thing I have experienced if you take cold drinks in cold weather you maybe susceptible to vomit. Cold drink doesn't seem to go well in cold weather.