When Did You First Taste Beer

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by tony, May 11, 2017.

1. tony

tony Active Member

How old where you when you first had a taste of beer. I remember years ago when I was just a young boy, early teens, I like seeing adults entertaining themselves drinking all sorts of beer, I saw it as an extra ordinary drink. But I never had a taste of it until when I was around 20.

2. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I was pretty young when I first tasted it I remember, because I did not like it and I remember wondering how anyone could ever drink it. Of course that changed later, but I would guess maybe 10 or 11.

3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

I think I was 18 or 19 years old at the time when I had my first beer. I don't remember what the beer brand was, but it was one with a very strong taste (at least for me... my first time, c'mon! :p).

I drank it on a college friend's birthday.

4. Zero

Zero Member

I would say about when i was 20 years old that i had my first beer and i did not like it not one bit, the bitter taste was not pleasant at all but i have grown to like it :D.

5. kgord

kgord Active Member

OMI gosh, I remember as a small child drinking a bit of beer out of my neighbors bottles. My parents didn't drink beer so I was curious. I was probably 4 or 5. I never drank enough to get drunk however.

6. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

It probably was at my Grandma's house in Pennsylvania and was a Pabst Blue Ribbon beer,or a Genesee beer so you know what those taste like(haha). I think I was probably 14 at the time,but these beers are funny,because they are still around and considered some kind of hipsters beers today though?

7. tony

tony Active Member

Wow I can't imagine how it will feel like having a taste of beer at the very tender age @kgold, it most have been tough. It's good to learn you didn't get drunk but at that tender age I guess it's hard for the child to know what's meant by getting drunk.

8. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

:oops:I'm older so the legal age to drink back when I was young was 18, now it's 21. My first beer was at age 18 and it was at a gathering at a friends house, they had a keg of Budweiser, a lot of good food and a bonfire. That was a big thing back then to get invited to someone's bonfire everyone had a good time and I don't remember anyone getting out of line.:rolleyes:

9. Zero

Zero Member

I can't remember the date exactly but if i'm not mistaken i was about 19 years old, and to be honest i hated the taste and was confused on why everyone liked it.

10. rz3300

rz3300 Member

It was pretty early on, but I also remember not liking it at all when I was young, so anything significant happened much later. First taste though probably around eight or nine.

11. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod Member

I am not sure really, I guess 16? I never liked the taste of it, its bitterness. But I drink it occasionally. It's a social drink so, can't really avoid it always.

12. DavidLee

DavidLee New Member

Lol, first taste? Honestly, -when I was too young to remember.
    My dad was alcoholic way-back when I was even less than 7 years old. My big sister ever told me that dad loved me so much he could even give me a sip when he was at his best-moods. I came to personally buy my first alcohol when I was 16 out of my will. I drink responsibly and occasionally, for the record.. But when you speak of my first drink/sip moment, No Lie, I just can't recall. :D

13. kgord

kgord Active Member

actually as a small kid maybe 4 or 5 years old I used to drink sips of my neighbors beer bottle. He would leave his discards around and I would taste it just because I was curious.

14. tony

tony Active Member

I am sure as a young child many didn't like the taste of beer. I can remember my first time tasting beer the taste didn't appeal to me. I was already used to minerals which had sugary taste but this was quite different.