Did You Get Walloped By The East Coast Snowstorm?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kgord, Jan 25, 2016.

1. kgord

kgord Active Member

We sure did, and I wish I would have had some whiskey. I had to make do with about 40 oz of beer. It get me through the roughest times lol.

richj8am30 likes this.
  2. Sue

Sue Active Member

I am on the East Coast of Canada and luckily it blew by way south of us so we didn't get any snow but we did get the wind. It is unusual for us to not get snow but so far this winter we have been very lucky weather wise. Last winter was crazy. It was the end of May before all the snow melted. Glad to hear you at least had beer to get you through the storm.

3. richj8am30

richj8am30 New Member

Yeah, I got stuck in my studio apartment for a few days but it is nice to finally see some snow. I just wish that this happened around Christmas, either way I appreciate it. To be honest, snow helps us out around here. A little boy got shot and killed in a barber shop, for some reason I feel like that would not have happened had we had more snow storms when we were supposed to have them. people tend to stay inside when there has been a snow storm and the snow keeps some people off the streets who might end up in unfortunate situations.

4. thash1979

thash1979 New Member

Being in Indiana, we just got the edge of this massive storm. We only got about 6 inches of snow. Which even being here, isn't that much for us. If we would have gotten a blizzard, I feel we would still be snowed in. Luckily we are in a mild spell of weather. Today it is 61 and thunderstorms!

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

We had something similar here in Bucharest a week before that, it wasn't the prettiest thing to start the year with, haha!

6. Sue

Sue Active Member

We have had a very strange winters here for the East Coast. We only had snow once and I wouldn't call it a storm. The ground is now bare and the grass is still green. That is not like us at all. Usually by this time of year we have 2-3 feet on the ground with lots more to come. I keep waiting for it but so far it has been very mild.

7. kgord

kgord Active Member

Oh we had the big storm here in Virginia! It wasn't as bad here as it was in some places, but we had a good 12 to 18 inches of snow. Even though it has been warm since, I can still see some remains by the side of the road.

Sue likes this.
  8. AlexZ

AlexZ Member

I have the same situation:)