Favorite Movie Bar Scene

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AngelaMc, Feb 14, 2017.

1. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

:pThere are plenty of Movies with phenomenal bar scenes in them. My favorite was the movie "Coyote Ugly." Based on a small town girl named Violet Sanford who headed to NYC to become a songwriter, she then gets sidelined when she becomes a sexy barmaid in a hip Nightclub called the Coyote Ugly.

It goes without saying my favorite scene in the movie which a lot of others may agree, was when the barmaids would get on the bar and mix their drinks and dance. Did you have a favorite movie bar scene? If so what was it? :p

2. AlexZ

AlexZ Member

Burt Rеynоlds аnd thе gаng in Hооpеr. еvеryоnе еnds up lаughing аt thе еnd.

3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

As soon that I read the title of this topic I already thought to answer "Coyote Ugly". The bar scenes are just amazing and my favorite best scene within the movie is the one that the bar counter catches fire... It's insane! :eek:

I love that movie (and the whole cast of dancers :D)!

4. jad

jad New Member

I don't know if it technically counts as a 'bar scene' but I liked Burlesque - the part where Christina Aguelera is practicing with a bar stool. That was classic.

Shine_Spirit likes this.
  5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

I think it counts, because the place is kind of like a restautant / bar. :D By the way, that scene is really good (it's a pity that the whole movie doesn't follow the same path :().

6. kgord

kgord Active Member

Even though it was a lousy movie, Tom Cruise as a bartender in Cocktail did some amazing things with bottle of booze. He was a real juggler. That is the only bar scene that really stands out to me, unless you count Casablanca.

7. clair02

clair02 Member

What happened in Casablanca? Am I the only uncultured person here who hasn't seen it? My favorite of all the movies that were mentioned here is Coyote Ugly.

8. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod Member

I can't think of any that I would say it's my favorite, but I really like the scene from "The Departed" where Leo smashes his glass to some mans head. That scene was random and fun as hell. I also like the "Predestination" bar "scene". It's not a scene but almost a whole movie but, if you've seen the movie you know what I'm saying.

9. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Oh this is a though one and might take me a while to actually think of. The first one that really comes to mind is the club shootout in Collateral. That was pretty cool.

10. overcast

overcast Member

I loved the coyote ugly movie scene too. However my personal favorite is from the Horrible Bosses. You can see that it has lot of comedy in between four of them. And though it has more about joke than drinks. It's fun either way. I loved the movie to be honest.

11. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I really liked the Irish pub scenes a lot in "Waking Ned Devine",and somebody finds out that a person won the lottery in their small Irish village,then they try to find out right away who this person may be- they find the ticket in Ned Divine's hand-but he has passed on due to the shock from winning the lottery. They drink a lot of Irish Whiskey in this movie and its quite funny as well with some great scenery.

12. overcast

overcast Member

This does look like a good scene. Though pretty intense at some points. But loved the way it went. I think this looks like a good movie. I may have to check out on weekend.