How Much Do You Usually Spend Buying Beer?

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by Shine_Spirit, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

What would your spend for a normal month (without any kind of party or special occasion)?

I usually spend between $ 45/55 dollars. No more than that, but when I exceed this limit (which is rare to happen) I don't go very far (maybe $ 10/15 dollars more).

2. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I would say to look for a good deal on cases of beer(or bigger amounts)if you can buy ahead of time ,but I am not sure that this is the cheapest way to buy beer though-but if you can afford to,I think you could save money this way. I drink wine mostly these days but never bought beer ahead anyway but just played it day by day with no budget though when I was drinking beer. You could buy cheaper and store brand beer as well to save some extra money.

3. xyrene

xyrene Member

I actually prefer drinking soda rather than beer, so I'd say I only spend $2 to $3 on beer per month, since 1 beer costs less than $1 over here.

4. clair02

clair02 Member

I think I spend a lot more than is good for my wallet, but when I start drinking on weekends, usually I stop thinking about how much I'm spending and start focusing on having fun. I do end up spending too much but at the time it feels like it's the right thing to do...

5. tony

tony Active Member

If there is no party or special occasion the amount of money I spend on beer in some months is ridiculously low. The fact is I hardly just go get beer and start drinking on my own. It's mostly when I'm entertaining friends, there is a party or show. On the average I'd say $15.

#5 tony, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  6. Shine_Spirit

Only $2 or $3 per month? :eek: How can you do this magic (it's a great one! :D)?

You can save good money every month, can't you? That's very nice. Well done! :)

7. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

We've found some ways to spend less. Tasting various beers via flights offered in some places, is a great way to try new beer without spending too much.

Instead of buying a 4 pack, 6 pack, or 750 ml, you can just get a tester glass to see if you like it first.

Another option is trading. In some places, people gather and share. Say you bought an expensive, rare, beer. You might trade a bottle with someone who bought another similar one, instead of having to buy a whole package.

8. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod Member

$10 dollars tops. I don' drink beer that much, unless I am on a party or something, I drink one beer or something, but really I don't like beer and its bitter taste. I would rather drink something else.

9. Shine_Spirit

$10 seems to be a very reasonable amount. You also should save good money every month, right? :D I'm trying to decrease what I currently spend because it's better to spend on other things. ;)

10. tony

tony Active Member

Money for beer does not form part of my budget I'd say it's under miscellaneous. I like to make my spending on beer low as much as I can. I am not that into drinking especially when alone

#10 tony, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  11. Zero

Zero Member

I usually try to stay under 20$ since i often drink beer based on my mood or the situation i'm in.

12. xyrene

xyrene Member

The cheapest beer that's available here is only less than a dollar. How about in your area? Plus I'm not really a habitual drinker, so I only get to spend very little each month on beer.

13. Zero

Zero Member

You're not much of a drinker then :), but yeah it's better to spend your money on more substantial items.

14. Shine_Spirit

I got your point, but the price is actually very low. Well done on your savings. ;) Here the price can range from 2 to 5 dollars (depending on the type of beer... the craft beers are usually more expensive :confused:).

15. xyrene

xyrene Member

@Shine_Spirit, Yes I actually don't like beer as much as Bailey's and other sweet-tasting similar drinks, so I actually reserve my money for that.

16. Shine_Spirit

I think our choices change over time (as we get older :p). My currently goal is to save money to travel the world (I know I need a lot of money, but it doesn't hurt to try :rolleyes:).

17. DavidLee

DavidLee New Member

Overall/Monthly I tend to averagely spend 20 bucks. Sometimes more -especially when I've accomplished something nice/great, it's been my religion to go out and have something more deserving..which are obviously cash-high.