What Is Your Beer Preference Dark, Light Or Amber?

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by kgord, Dec 14, 2015.

1. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I haven't done that before, is there any reason not to do it?
    Does it taste bad or something worse.

2. artyarson

artyarson Member

First, yep. It tastes no good at all. So, I would recommend you do it.
    Second, when you mix the beer you don't know what the strength gonna be.

3. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

That shouldn't be too difficult, all you have to do is add the two alcohol values and divide it by two. That will give you the average for two beers.
    Then again when you are enjoying a beer the last thing that you are going to do is calculate the alcohol level. lol

4. artyarson

artyarson Member

Not many people actually do this. But you're supposed to do it, I guess. For instance, If you're now drinking 10% beer, then you shouldn't drink anything below that percentage. Otherwise, chances are you will puke in the end. So, that's my rule.

5. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

That's if you can, if you go out and drink draught beer, you have no idea what the alcohol content is. I have never gone to a place where they had something telling you how much alcohol the beer has.

6. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

The Amber Ale is not quite pale and not quite dark either,and the amber has a colour of light copper to light brown, also you should serve the Amber Ale cool instead of cold. I like most beers and can say that I never met a beer I did not like I would say,although I think irish red ale is my favorite which is different than the Amber Ales.

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

Dark, Light Or Amber... Particularly, I have no problem with any of the three types of beer. :DI like a lot because they're very good options.

I don't usually have a favorite because it ends up depending a lot on my mood. :rolleyes:

8. Zero

Zero Member

I rarely ever drink dark since i find the taste a bit too strong and bitter, i prefer light since it suits my regime and it's actually quite enjoyable.

9. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Certain times tend to call for different types of beer, but in general I like the darker beers more. I just cannot drink as much and get full pretty quick.

10. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

I like dark, rich, beer. Stouts are so good. I like porter too. I know people say that dark beer is winter beer. They say that you should choose something lighter and more refreshing for warmer weather, but I could drink a good stout any time.

I like some of the lighter stuff, and refreshing is nice, but it really can't compare to the richness and flavor of a good dark beer.

11. Zero

Zero Member

I'm the opposite, i prefer to drink light beer since i can drink much of it and not get full very fast.

12. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod Member

I don't like beer at all that much, but if I have to choose I would always go for a dark beer because it is less bitter than the light ones. I never tried amber though, It might be even better than these two.

13. DavidLee

DavidLee New Member

I've been going for Dark Beer ever since I can imagine.. I've tried out Amber & Light but I found them a walkover types..For me, they're not strange but they don't quest my thirst of what I often go looking for -getting tipsy! So, I guess I'm not a fan, and I find Amber beers having a weird/not interesting taste for me

14. tony

tony Active Member

I like the dark beer, In comparison I think they look richer in appearance. I also fancy light color beer they are finer in bottles and more attractive.