Do You Have A Favorite Whiskey Drink?

Discussion in 'Whisky Forum' started by thisnthat, Jun 22, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

I don't mean a brand, per se, but a mixed drink. Do you have a favorite cocktail made with whiskey? It can be anything from whiskey and coke to the most intricate mix.

Maybe you prefer it neat, on the rocks, etc. but even so, you've probably tried some mixed drinks at some point. Did you like any of them? Which ones?

I used to enjoy a whiskey sour on occasion (although not the one with eggs whites added).

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

I'd rather drink my whiskey pure. But once in a while I like to add orange juice (without sugar). The taste looks very good, but takes away some of the essence of whiskey.

3. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

I think people should drink what they like, so why not orange juice?

I don't think I've ever tasted it like that. I have had drinks that add juice to whiskey, but they usually add something else as well.

In fact, I used to make a drink that was a copycat of the Jack Daniel's Downhome Punch. It had orange juice in it.

4. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member

I like my whiskey on the rocks with just a good amount of ice to prevent the flavor from being drawn out. I've also had a whiskey with ginger ale once when my friend was trying to experiment with mixes, turned out to be really good, he couldn't make the next batch as good as the first one though for some odd reason.

5. DavidLee

DavidLee New Member

I did Rebecca Creek (whisky) with a strawberry flavored cold drink and men, I did't regret it. I took it to my last sip! Enjoyed.

6. xyrene

xyrene Member

I know Absolut being mixed with Sprite is quite popular, but my favorite mixed concoction would be gin and juice.

7. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

Chivas Regal is my all time favourite. I love it's taste and smoothness. The best part is that it does not make my mouth smell bad and causes minimal hangover.

8. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I usually just like my Whiskey on the rocks but something I would want to try is Scotch & Lime and i think the lime juice cuts the barley sweet flavor of the Scotch,without washing the smokiness out of the Whiskey. I think Papa Hemingway drank a lot of these because he spent a lot of time in Cuba were limes are plentiful. So do what Papa did and order a Scotch with a half of lime next time and squeeze it in yourself !

#8 FolkArtist, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    thisnthat likes this.
  9. clair02

clair02 Member

For me it's always whisky and coke. Nothing beats that taste and it's what I always crave. I will try new and different things every once in a while, but mostly I stick to my whisky and coke.

10. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

I never really liked mixing anything with soda, at least not back when I drank soda regularly. Then, after drinking, I wouldn't like the taste of plain soda pop the next day. It would still taste like booze to me.

Ginger ale is a bit different, since I never drank that regularly, so it was okay to use it for mixed drinks.

Now that I don't really drink much soda, I guess it could work.