Do You Ever Take Baths?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kgord, Jan 18, 2016.

1. kgord

kgord Active Member

I love baths in the winter time because they help to keep me warm. I will take one just about every night in the winter. I know it is not good for your skin, but I don't care. It just feels so good...and is super relaxing. Emollients added to the water could make it less drying...but my fave will always just be bubbles. What about you?

2. Sue

Sue Active Member

I do enjoy baths in the evening to warm up on those chilly nights. Sometimes I will light candles, have bubbles and sip away on some on a cold one while just relaxing. I find if you get a chill a bath is the only way you can warm up. I enjoy my bath time. I take a shower every morning before I go to work.

3. mandak

mandak New Member

I love baths and used to take one a few times a week, especially in the winter. Some lavender bath salts with some relaxing music and candles, ahhhhh! My current house only has one small bathtub and we use that most nights to give my children a bath. So, I don't get to have my relaxing bath times anymore. For some reason having Mr. Bubble and rubber duckies around just doesn't give the same relaxation effect.

Sue likes this.
  4. Sue

Sue Active Member

When you have little ones there is not much time for relaxing baths. They keep you pretty busy. When you are in a tub trying to relax and they are knocking on the door the whole time its hard to enjoy it. lol

5. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I do it every once in a while but not so often recently. I moved and my new bathtub is quite small and not comfortable enough. I am a bit of a hedonist and I enjoy these things but if I have to bend my knees and hurt my back there is no enjoying and I don't do it.

Sue likes this.
  6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Of course, I don't take showers anymore, unless I need to wash myself quickly. Baths are my favorite in the winter.

Sue likes this.
  7. thash1979

thash1979 New Member

I love taking baths. This is great when you add a little Epsom salt and essential oil in the water and spend that time relaxing and unwinding from the day!

8. Robert2D

Robert2D Member

Yeah!

9. clair02

clair02 Member

That is by far my favorite way to relax after a hard day at work. I love soaking in the tub, lighting my scented candles and having a glass of wine while listening to some soft music. Nothing beats that for me when it comes to unwinding. I always come out of the bath a new person!

10. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod Member

I used to, but not anymore. Because the water pressure in my house is not that good so I don't get too much hot water, can't make myself enjoy that much taking a bath. But hey, at least I get a hot/cold shower everyday, a mix of both is priceless...

11. kgord

kgord Active Member

I love taking baths in the winter, but not so much this time of year. This is one of the things that I enjoy in the winter. This is what of the options that I use when I get cold in the winter.

12. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

Yes, I love baths. To me it's so relaxing especially after a hard days work to just lay in there and unwind. A few candles and a glass of wine.

13. tony

tony Active Member

I make sure to bath at least twice a day. During the winters I use warm water for my bath as the weather will be too cold for cold water bath. To ensure thorough washing I use warm water.

14. Shana Peckover

Shana Peckover New Member

I could not live without a bath tub! It's so relaxing to soak away the days stress. It's also sort of a refuge for me. I learned years ago that the only place I could go to get away from everything (work, kids, husband, ringing telephone, etc.) was the tub!