Jim, Johnny, Or Jack?

Discussion in 'Whisky Forum' started by Destiny, Apr 14, 2016.

?

Jim, Johnny, or Jack? Who is your favorite?

1. Jim Beam

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Johnny Walker

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Jack Daniels

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Destiny

Destiny Member

Out of the three most famous J's which is your favorite... and why?

Jim Beam
    [​IMG]

Johnny Walker

[​IMG]

Jack Daniels

[​IMG]

2. Destiny

Destiny Member

Personal,y, my favorite is Jack Daniels! I've always been a big fan of Jack!

3. Sue

Sue Active Member

My favorite is also Jack Daniels! :)

4. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

My favorite is Jack because we have been through the good times and the bad times together. Jack just know me and I know Jack. He goes down smooth and he knows how to party!

5. crimsonghost747

I'm not a huge fan of any of those.. but I'd go with Johnny or Jack. Everyone seems to be big on Jack but I find that the taste isn't exactly what I want in a whiskey but it's still a pleasure to drink.

6. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I have to go with Johnny Walker and especially the blue label that you posted, it's a 21 year scotch. It should be really really smooth.

7. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

I'm a little divided between the johnny and the jack. I love both and I drink both very frequently, so i it's really a hard choice, but I guess I'll say Johnny because it's the one I'm felling really drinking this week.

8. kgord

kgord Active Member

I have never had the Johnny Walker Blue label, Seeing it posted there is making me think that i must try it. It is one of the options that I have yet to experience but it looks good. I think I might want to get out and try that puppy some time.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Johnny Walker definitely #1, with Jim Bean coming in close at second. I do like Jack Daniels as well, but it's nothing special.

10. Pavel

Pavel New Member

Jack Daniels’s is definitely my favorite here. Johnny Walker would be in second place, and that is because I like more Jack’s taste. And Jim Beam would be at the end for a clear reason. I do not drink it, I do not like it, and I think there is a big number of much better whiskies, so I do not have a need to drink a bad one.

11. kgord

kgord Active Member

Jack Daniels is a good tasting rich whiskey. I think it tastes more expensive than the brand usually is, so people do really enjoy it. I will have to go along with the poll and vote for Jack if it is a choice between those 3.

12. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

It should be very good judging by the price tag it normally goes for €170 ($190) and it's not easy to find.

13. TayH

TayH New Member

I really like Jim beam but, johnnys more expensive bottles are very smooth for something of a luxury. Or if passing through duty free it's always a nice gift as well to others.

14. Malachi

Malachi New Member

Not a ton of action on your poll. I prefer Jack Daniels, having grown up near Lynchburg. However, if I can't afford a good bottle of Jack, I can still enjoy Jim Beam. Both are nice straight or mixed with a variety of options. I've always been a Jack and Coke sort of person. Jim works well with Coke as well. Both go nicely with a more local soda called Sun Drop, too.

15. larryl332

larryl332 New Member

I have always liked Jack Daniels. I think it is just due mainly to the fact that I grew up on the stuff (after 21 of course) and now it is just more familiar, but I bet in a blind taste test I would still pick it over the others. It has a smoother taste, I think, so I just go with the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality here. Thanks for sharing.

16. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

My favorite is definitely Jim Beam. It goes down smooth, and this is what we would drink on chilly fall nights around the Bonfire. There is nothing more warming on a chilly fall night than a few good shots of a great Bourbon.:)

17. ptahm22

ptahm22 New Member

If we're comparing bog-standard Jim Beam and Jack Daniels (as opposed to say, Gentleman Jack or Jim Beam's Devil's Cut), then I'm going to go with Jack Daniels, which I find to have superior flavor and smoothness. Even for a habitual whiskey drinker, Jim Beam strikes me as crude and rough.

Plus, Jack Daniels on the rocks was Frank Sinatra's favorite tipple -- the Chairman traveled with an emergency case of the stuff and reportedly told a doctor that he drank an entire bottle every day. (When the doctor expressed concern and asked how he felt in the mornings, Frank replied, "I'm never up in the morning, and I don't think you're the doctor for me.") He was even buried with a bottle of the Tennessee nectar. If it's good enough for Frank, it's good enough for me.

18. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I think I would have to go with Jack Daniels on the rocks as far as my favorite ,and I remember visiting the Distillery in Lynchburg TN as a kid back in the 70's and they gave me a Jack Daniels change purse and shot glass I think -when I went there. I also remember the smells of the place a lot -from the Whiskey being made though-but it was quite wierd to a kid.

19. clair02

clair02 Member

I was happy to see from the vote that most voted for my favorite Jack Daniels. It was my first drink and has remained my drink of choice through the years. I love it and I'm sure I'll still be drinking it 50 years from now.

20. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

Oh, man... Why did you do that? :oops: What a tough / tricky choice (all the options are great! ;))! Well... I would say that I prefer my friend Jack Daniels (he is a great one :))!