Do You Drink At Live Shows?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by artyarson, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Shana Peckover

Shana Peckover New Member

Funny thing is....this is the only place I drink! I don't over do it. For some reason a beer just goes down good when watching a live show in steamy Texas! I have to take into account that I will still need to get home, so one or two is usually the max!

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

Rarely. I'm afraid I have to go to the bathroom and lose my place (especially if I'm near the stage :D).

In 99% of the time, I'd rather drink after the shows. :)

3. DavidLee

DavidLee New Member

The last time I was drinking on an ongoing show I split on myself. It was embarrassing, thank goodness I was on a corner so I got no onlookers and my relative took me for a change of cloth and that's when I changed my mood. It did't end up well for me as expected and maybe that's why I stay away from bottles and glasses on live shows.

4. Pravish Shetty

Pravish Shetty New Member

I like to have a few drinks when I am at a live show and the drink is mostly beer. Just a couple of beers to enjoy the show and I do not prefer to get drunk at such occasions. I love to enjoy the show in a sober state of minds with felling just a little light headed.

5. overcast

overcast Member

I have mostly got drunk after the show. I usually keep myself sober during the drinking phase. So that way I don't have to worry about getting down in the middle of the show. I do think it'd be fine drinking in between the live show. But not all places are safe for that. So that's something to watch out for.

6. tony

tony Active Member

I wouldn't like to stay sober when my favorite band is playing I'm in the habit of getting a bottle of any fine drink to feel good while watching or listening to the vibes.

7. payaknapagiisip

Yes, I do prefer drinking a few bottles while watching my favorite band playing. Good thing where I live, we have this small clubs where I can do both. Plus it is not that expensive.

8. xyrene

xyrene Member

Yes, of course I do. I like to watch and entertain myself as I sip on a drink, provided that the band is one that I like. Otherwise, I'm content to just sit and drink alone.

9. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

Sometimes its good to have a few glasses of wine before you go, if you are getting a ride and not driving-because then you can relax about paying to much for a beer at the show or just get one glass of wine or beer,because sometimes things get a little overpriced and you may have to stand in line for a beer as well. Its fun this way because then you can enjoy the outdoor shows which I like better for live music-and sometimes these shows are cheaper than the indoor concerts.

10. overcast

overcast Member

I think there is going to be risk no matter how you look at it. For some reason I have found out that getting drunk may lead to issues. And so drinking on live show may not always be better. I'd keep everything in balance in that case.