Drink And Drive

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kgord, Jun 14, 2017.

1. kgord

kgord Active Member

Do you ever do this? I will drink if I have had a beer or glass of wine. I am not trying to get a highly expensive ticket though so I am very careful about how much I imbibe when I am behind the wheel. If I can't operate a vehicle normally, I will not drive.

2. tony

tony Active Member

The popular saying, if you must drive do not drink. If you must drink do not drive still holds true till this day. Many have lost their lives due to driving while under the influence of alcohol. Better to be warned.

3. clair02

clair02 Member

The sad part is that a lot more people who were sober have lost their lives because of drunk drivers. I for one will never ever drive drunk. I've seen first hand the effects that someone's drunk mistake can have on an innocent family.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

Unfortunately, I have already committed such recklessness :( (but thank God without any serious consequences), it's something I regret a lot. :confused:

I was fined for speeding and since then, I've never repeated it. Lesson learned. :cool:

5. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod Member

Never. I mean, I don't drink that much even when I'm not driving but, safety matters. It really is dangerous to drive while drunk, friend of my friend got hit by a drunk driver and passed out, so I wouldn't mess with alcohol.

6. tony

tony Active Member

One thing don't be drunk while driving, another thing as much as possible be alert while on the road to dodge other motorists who's lost control under alcohol or others. It's out of our control how others drive but we just have to make efforts to be on the watch out. Some human beings are crazy they lack control when drinking.

7. DavidLee

DavidLee New Member

I sorta managed this before. But, I learned my lesson eventually.. not the hard wayreally, but I did. It's a long story but to cut it short, -I'm never risking of drinking then driving even if I see myself standing.

8. tony

tony Active Member

I have heard some persons saying they drive good even after drinking. I don't quite know how that works together. To be on the safer side do not drink while you drive.

9. DavidLee

DavidLee New Member

Yah, I too know a few of my friends who drink and drive occasionally.. But I lately discovered that they don't cross their lines.. Their 'tipsy-line' LOL

10. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member

I never drink when I'll be the one driving. I am not judging those who do, but it's just that I can't trust myself when driving under the influence of alcohol. I usually can control my state of mind when I'm drunk, but it's always the motion that I'm no so good with.

11. Shana Peckover

Shana Peckover New Member

As a young child, I distinctly remember hearing my father say "I drive better when I'm drunk". Being carted around by a drunk dad, then being married to a man that drinks and drives frequently is quite nerve-wracking. I have been able to persuade my husband not to do it anymore though. I personally would never do it. I have heard too many stories of tragedy and seen too many accidents on the roadways involving drunk driving.

12. Shine_Spirit

How do you handle such situations having to live so close to them? I imagine that has to be kinda hard, isn't it?

The scenery does not look anything cool. :(

13. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

It all depends on how well a person can control the motor functions of his body after consuming alcohol. There are many who remain normal even of they are down by a few drinks unlike others who lose control after a couple of drinks only. If a person is well in his senses then there is no harm in driving for short distances.

14. Shine_Spirit

I kind agree with you. I mean, some people are not so affected by the drinks, but... I think anyway, it's best to avoid. It's a very tricky situation. :oops:

DR KOKIL AGARWAL likes this.
  15. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

Yeah... As they say.. Prevention is always better than cure. I agree that it is better to avoid than to pose our precious life for any risk.

16. Pravish Shetty

Pravish Shetty New Member

I am strictly against driving under the influence of alcohol. I personally take the initiative to stop someone from getting behind the steering wheel if I know they are under the influence of alcohol. Not only they endanger their own lives, but also the people on the road. You should rather leave your car at the bar and take a cab home. You may always pick your car the next day. People should learn to value their own life and others.

17. Shine_Spirit

I think it's a shame that millions of people still think it best to think differently, but you... People are people, right? :oops:

18. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Never, even after half a can of beer. I know what the repercussions are and I try to avoid it. I would only drink and drive in extreme situations (like a family member dying or a natural disaster going on) where danger is imminent.

19. overcast

overcast Member

I'd never drink anything while driving. Even a coffee may act out during the late night drinking. As you can see each time I try to drive with that it does backfire to some extent. Nobody should drink alcohol and drive as that may put life of others in danger.

20. tony

tony Active Member

I hardly drive if I drink. Even if I drink to moderation I am still somehow not comfortable taking to driving. I'd rather drive first and when I get home drink to my satisfaction and relax.