Ambient Temperature.

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by SirJoe, Mar 25, 2016.

1. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

I hate beer like that, it tastes "dead" to me. Even in the winter I like to drink my beer cold, it's the only way I can drink it. I mean, if I'm drinking in a large cup, it's going to get less cold, and that's when I start speeding up.

2. Sue

Sue Active Member

For me beer taste the best when it is on ice on a hot day. There is nothing better then enjoying an ice cold beer fresh off the ice on a hot day at the beach. Soon it will be that time. I can't wait.

3. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I think it's all a question of habit. Since most people drink beer ice cold they associate the two. I like it both ways, it just can't be hot.

4. kgord

kgord Active Member

I like beer to be cold, but I could drink it at room temperature if need be. I am probably not going to turn it down. I will typically throw a beer in the freezer though to get it at least slightly chilled in a hurry.

5. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

I have had my fair share of beers at room temperature, but most of the time I have to have a cold beer. I'm not a fan of room temperature beer. The only time that I will drink room temperature beer is if that is the only option and I'm really craving a beer. Other than that, I will avoid it at all cost. For some reason it just doesn't taste right at room temperature. Whether it's hot or cold outside, I'm always a fan of an ice cold beer.

6. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I think some beer is supposed to be served at room temps-like the imperial stouts,old ales and belgian strong ales as well. They actually recommend you serve them warm at 55 to 60 degrees so you could look into some of these winter type of beers-and these brews are heartier and robust,and thats what you need for winter anyway?

7. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

I can have beer at room temperature provided the temperature is considerably lower and chilly. The underlying fact is that I'm really fond of beer. If given a chance between and other drinks I will always choose beer. I mold the temperature of my beer in accordance with my comfort.

8. Vallante

Vallante New Member

The only reason to serve beer cold is to mute the flavor. If the flavor isn't worth savoring, why are you drinking it? The temperature of beer should usually be just a little bit above 55 degrees. This is a refreshing temperature which will not impact the way your taste buds work.

Generally speaking, the only beer you serve refrigerator-cold are lousy brands like Miller and Budweiser (the American rice0water brand, not the Czech beer of some renown). They are adulterated products which have been made with very cheap ingredients, usually low-cost substitutions for proper grain choices, and which produce an acrid, unenjoyable product.

9. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I definitely do not want a really cold beer, but also warm beer is never really my top choice either. I might just settle with a stiff cocktail instead.

10. jakub1

jakub1 Member

I have never tasted warm beer nor do i intend to do so, i love cold beer.

11. Zero

Zero Member

There are a few beers that are required to be consumed at ambient temperature in order to taste the difference.

12. xyrene

xyrene Member

No, I noticed that all drinks don't taste good when they aren't cold. So I don't think I would drink beer at room temperature, even if the weather is cold.