Brew Pubs

Discussion in 'Night Chat' started by thisnthat, Apr 5, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

I enjoy going to brew pubs to try out the latest creations of craft beer connoisseurs. I wish we had more of these nearby. I guess we'll just have to take more road trips.

We took a trip last summer to visit Public House in St. James Missouri and had a great time. They have a brew pub right at the brewery (and you can also take brewery tours). This one shares a parking lot and a beer garden with the St. James Winery. They featured live music when we there. Eat, drink, and be merry.

Public House also has a brew pub in the next town over, which we also visited. The guy behind the bar was very interesting and had lots of info to share with us. Of course, the beer was good too.

2. xyrene

xyrene Member

Interesting. How much does the beer cost in brew pubs? Is it the same or is it more expensive? Does the beer taste better?

3. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

It depends. Some are about the same, some are a bit more expensive. I'm sure the location also has something to do with it (as well as how small or large the pub is and their costs).

In many, you can select a "flight" which is basically a sampler. You get small glasses (like 4 ounces) of different styles to try. These also vary in price. I think the most expensive one I tried at a nearby pub was 8 bucks per flight.

I think it tastes better, probably due to freshness. It's right from the keg, not from a can or bottle.

4. xyrene

xyrene Member

Yeah, I know it's "homemade" beer, that's why I'm wondering if it is as good or even better than commercial beer. 8 bucks is acceptable for a taste of better beer, although I won't make it a habit, it's a bit pricey.

5. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

I think it's better, far better than mass produced stuff. I've had some very unique and interesting brews.

Yeah, that is a bit pricey for 4 small samples, but I don't do it very often either. The place is new and quite small. Other places aren't quite as expensive.

6. xyrene

xyrene Member

Well, no wonder, like what they always say, you get what you pay for, so their beer is more expensive than the commercially produced ones. I would like to try going to a beer pub sometime to taste some homemade beers.

7. Zero

Zero Member

They are more expensive, because they are of higher quality,produced with great attention to details.

8. xyrene

xyrene Member

@Zero, I agree with that, plus the fact that it's not commercially available makes its rarity another reason to increase it's price.

9. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I cannot say that I have been to anything like this, but it sounds more interesting than your typical pub. Might just have to keep my eye out for one.