Favorite Caribbean Beer ?

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by FolkArtist, Jul 28, 2017.

1. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

What is your favorite Caribbean brew- and I have had a few of these island beers-the ones I have tasted-are Red Stripe,and Presidente. Another good island beer is Piton, a beer made in St.Lucia and named after a mountain there, and was rated the best Caribbean Beer. This beer(Piton)is a lager beer with 5% alchohol-and has a floral and hoppy taste-I was wondering if anybody likes this beer-or what they thought of it also ?
    pitons-beer-st-lucia.jpg

#1 FolkArtist, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

I already had the opportunity to try this beer, but I couldn't form a final opinion because sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't like it.

Well... I think in overall, it's a good one. :)

FolkArtist likes this.
  3. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I cannot really say that I have tried that many, and now trying to think of some maybe none at all. Now I know that I need to get out more and try one though.

FolkArtist likes this.
  4. xyrene

xyrene Member

I haven't seen carribean beer brands being sold in my area, but if I see one then I would love to try them out as well.

5. ketchim

ketchim New Member

my favorite caribbean beer is banks from guyana or red stripe from jamaica. These beers are so good that you can knock off ten of them in a hurry.[​IMG]

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

When it comes to Caribbean beers I think that the most popular without question around the world will be Red Stripe. Red Stripe is like what Budweiser is to the US, or what Stella is to Belgium. That isn't to say that the people from that country ONLY drink that one particular brand, but they have become synonymous with that particular country and as far as marketing goes it's that what makes the difference.

7. jakub1

jakub1 Member

That's quite a compliment, i'll make sure to try them in the near future.

8. DavidLee

DavidLee New Member

I've done Prestige, Red Stripe and Wadadli severally and they were great for me..excess intake one time gave me an unforgettable hangover the next day. LOL, the next day happened to be a Monday. But from most comments here, I'm quite sure lots of us here like Red Stripe.

pwarbi likes this.
  9. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

Also for most of us on here, I'd imagine that Red Stripe is the only one that we have actually heard of also. With every country in the world when it comes to beer, there are many different varieties to choose from when you are actually IN that country. Outside of it though there only tends to be a certain few that get exported as is the case with Red Stripe.