Cover Charge

Discussion in 'Night Chat' started by thisnthat, May 11, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

Does it bother you to pay a cover charge when you go to a club/bar?

I don't really mind it if it isn't too expensive, and if they offer something besides the privilege of entry. If there is a band or DJ or something, it makes sense, since they have to pay for the night's entertainment.

Would you pay to get in even if there is nothing special going on? How much do you think is a fair cover charge?

2. xyrene

xyrene Member

I'm quite cheap, so anything beyond $10 is already too much for me. I don't go to high end bars anyway, so I guess that's a reasonable amount for an average pub.

3. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

Well, I tend to agree with you. I don't think you're being cheap, just smart with money.

If it's more than ten bucks, there better be a good reason for it. I expect to get something in return (besides high-priced drinks, ha ha).

We don't even have any high end clubs nearby, so it's generally not an issue. I've just noticed that more and more places are adding a cover charge, and not all of them include entertainment.

AngelaMc likes this.
  4. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

I would only pay a 5-10 dollar cover charge because unless they are having drink specials bar owners are making bank charging full prices for there drinks anyway. Especially beer on draft, there is big profit already being made. Usually the club or bars I've ever went to charged a cover charge if there was a band playing, and I never really minded to pay the cover charge to get in.

thisnthat likes this.
  5. Zero

Zero Member

I agree with you i don't see the reason for me to pay a significant amount of money for a service that is quite identical to all the pubs/bars.

6. xyrene

xyrene Member

@Zero, That's true, although some people who want to see and be seen in high end pubs or bars don't seem to have any problem shelling out cash. Well, they can afford it in the first place, so it's they're choice to spend their money on expensive bars/pubs.

7. jad

jad New Member

I only ever pay if there is something interesting going on inside that I really want to see like a DJ or some other kind of entertainment, otherwise I think it would be a waste of money.

8. rz3300

rz3300 Member

This is usually a sign for me to stay away, and I am not sure the last time I have had to pay one. If it is an event I can understand, but an individual bar seems strange to have one.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

If nothing special is going on at the club I would definitely not pay a cover charge. There's no reason to do that when I can just choose another club and spend that money on drinks instead.

10. sommax

sommax Member

If there is nothing special really going on in the club, I don't see the reason to waste my money. I would rather save the money for other stuffs.