What Wine Should I Get For My Friends Party?

Discussion in 'Night Chat' started by sommax, Sep 8, 2017.

1. sommax

sommax Member

Hi guys, my colleague in the office birthday party is coming up next month, and we planned of surprising him with a big party. My worry is that I am made to be in charge of drinks that day and I don't know any good wine I can serve to the guest. Am terrible when it comes to wine selections and am afraid I may screw up things for him.
    Please I could use some help from you guys on any good wine out there I could get.

#1 sommax, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  2. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Based on the variety of different things that my friends like, I would say try to just judge based on the whole and what would appease them. Especially with wine, where for most people anything is just fine.

sommax likes this.
  3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

I think it's a little bit complicated to indicate some kind of wine without considering what types of foods will be served (the best kind will always depend on them).

4. jakub1

jakub1 Member

I agree, this is rather easily displayed in classical and formal occasions.

5. kgord

kgord Active Member

I think it is hard to go wrong with a decent Merlot or Shiraz, but that is me. Other people may give you a different answer on this, because obviously tastes and preferences are different.

6. sommax

sommax Member

OK, thanks.

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

That's basically it, but you have to go a little deeper because not everyone's "fancy" food (let's put in this way :D) matches with any type of wine.

8. Ispi

Ispi New Member

As someone else already said, people have different tastes, so you are probably not going to be able to please everyone at the party with just one type of drink. The way your question is worded, I don't know if you are saying that you are in charge of drinks for just him, or you are in charge of getting drinks for the entire get-together. I think that if it is your job to get drinks for everyone you could get several bottles of different things, including some non-alcoholic drinks for people who choose to not drink alcohol that day:).

9. sommax

sommax Member

Owk, thanks for the advice.

10. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

You might even want to check out a few jugs of Carlo Rossi wines-and a lot of peple really like this wine even today and like one lady said -when did somebody not have a good time drinking this brand. This brand though was actually made by the Ernest & Julio Gallo winery- it was called "Mountain Red" at one time and the hippies actually used to drink in the late 60s in California all the time because it was so cheap-but they changed it to Carlo Rossi Vineyards about 1975 also these Ads,like the one below used to play on TV back in the day quite a bit.

#10 FolkArtist, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  11. xyrene

xyrene Member