Eightytwo Bar

Discussion in 'Los Angeles' started by lexinonomous, Jun 17, 2016.

1. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

I came across this bar in passing. I was walking around in the Art District of Los Angeles and saw a sign for this bar. I passed by and could see a few arcade games set up through the door. It threw me off because I was expecting to see a bar. Come to find out, Eighty Two is a bar, but it's also a gaming arcade. It was like a dream come true for me. I didn't have time to make my way inside, but I definitely want to go back. I thought this was such an amazing idea for a bar!

[​IMG]

http://eightytwo.la/

kgord likes this.
  2. kgord

kgord Active Member

That is a nice picture. I bet you are not the only one who feels that way about that club. There aren't enough places like that around, and I think it is an awesome idea being as there are so many gamers that would like something like that. I wonder how long it will be before others pick up on the idea. It seems like it would be something that is really super.

lexinonomous likes this.
  3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Oh boy, I wish I had something like this here in Bucharest, I would spend more time there than home. Playing classic arcade games while drinking some good alcohol is one of my dreams! :D

4. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

I have yet to go to the bar, but honestly, I'm more excited about the video games than anything. It'd be nice to get my hands on a few of these arcade machines. I was reading up on their website and they mentioned that most of their machines are originals. Classic Arcade games are fantastic and I can't imagine a better way to drink, than playing the classics alongside.

5. artyarson

artyarson Member

I've never been there but I feel like going If I ever happen to be in the LA area. I like the way it was designed. It totally seems like a decent place to hang out and have some fun.

6. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

I've never been, but I remember when it first opened. My friend had his birthday party and I really wanted to go, but I had to work that night. I heard that it was real chill and the owners were not rude. I love the Arts District!

lexinonomous likes this.
  7. kgord

kgord Active Member

As for me, I am still trying to get to the Red Rocks bar in Centreville Virginia which has like 100 different kinds of Tequilla. I might get someone else to drive me and work my way down the list...lol. However, if they are like 8 bucks a pop, for a drink, I might limit myself to a few! The 82 bar does sound great though!

8. Sue

Sue Active Member

I have never been to LA but it is on my bucket list of places to visit some day. I like the look of that bar. Maybe someday I will get there. Being from a small down I have always enjoyed the night life of a big city when vacationing. It is always a nice change to visit new places.

9. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

It gives me a great idea for a Bar(haha),but they do have pinball machines at this place to, so thats very cool and retro as well. It would be great though to have a glass of wine or mug of beer-or whatever drink because they look like they have a full bar in this place. Wow pinball machines would be my game of choice,since I grew up in that Era-but if you can't go, take a virtual trip with the video below!

10. xyrene

xyrene Member

Arcade games has long been out of style already, so I would love to go to an establishment that offers arcade games.

11. walter12

walter12 Member

I think such style is really out of style