How Much Do You Drink Per Party?

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by artyarson, Mar 4, 2016.

1. jad

jad New Member

I've trained myself through a lot of painful experience not to overdrink at parties because I end up either doing or saying something stupid and I always wake up feeling shit the next day - so no overdrinking for me. I'm too old for that stuff.

2. tony

tony Active Member

I am always mindful of the quantity of alcohol I consume when in a party. I hate to drink excess and be led out or guarded home by others. If the drink is served in cans I am fine with two, if I try more I may top it with half or another full can.

3. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

I always refrain myself from overdrinking. It is only a maximum of two beer cans for me or 3 pegs of whisky.

4. tony

tony Active Member

If the beer is served in bottles say around half a liter bottle then I am most likely fine with two bottles. I hate it when some persons begin to drink to stupor trying to impress others they are 'champions' at the act

5. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member

It's very rare that I would drink too much in a party. I usually like to be sober enough to know what I'm doing and drunk enough to be able to go wild. There were times however when my friends forced me to drink a lot more than I should, as per example whenever we do drinking games, I'm usually the first one to lose.

6. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well thankfully I would say that the number has gone down significantly as I have gotten older, which is good for everyone. Just depends on who is there, for the most part.

7. Meeseeks

Meeseeks New Member

I'll say on average. Maybe once serious drunk drinking and another casual drinking with pals, depends really on who I'm partying with. Though it's more like I'll go a couple of weeks without drinking at all, and then another week drinking multiple times.

8. kgord

kgord Active Member

Not that much, because I am usually driving when I go to a party so I don't drink more than a beer or two. The last thing I need is to a DWI or something. I am careful.

9. Zero

Zero Member

I don't go to parties as much as i used to but when i do i try to limit my alcohol intake.

10. Athanas

Athanas Member

It depends with the place. If it I am at a safe place and I am sure friends will take me home in case I become drunk, then I wouldn't mind taking seven standard beers. But sometimes I limit myself, especially when I am sick.

11. Kieranlewix

Kieranlewix New Member

Like you, I am more of a drink-as-you-go and the-night-is-still-young character. The only two things that affect my alcohol intake amount at parties are whose party it is, and who I am with at the party. If it is my party, I, of course, have to drink responsibly to avoid acting like a lunatic. Otherwise, I would drink as much alcohol as my body can take before zoning off. When the party is my relative's that gives me the license to take a lot of alcohol because eventually, I can crash at his place.

My other restrictive or permissive factor is who I am with at the party. If the party is date oriented (where you have to bring a date) I have to be on my best behaviour so I drink to the point where I feel a slight headrush. I care a lot what the lady thinks of me and so I have to bottle my urge to drink more.

Shine_Spirit likes this.
  12. Zero

Zero Member

Well i don't go to a lot of parties so only few.

13. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

But you don't necessarily have to go out (alone or with someone) to spend a lot of money on drinks, right?

So, what are you hiding from us? Haha! :p

14. Zero

Zero Member

HAHA, i'm not really hiding anything, i just tend to drink a lot in parties, so i try to avoid them :D

15. Rexy

Rexy New Member

I usually drink 5 bottles of 5% beer, which gets me fairly drunk. Sometimes I drink even more, and then I'm definitely drunk and will most likely forget what I did last night, haha. Once, I drank 10 bottles and I had no idea what happened the other night.

16. dionnextherese

Well it depends on what party it is and whom am I with. If I need to drive or be somewhere early the next day then I would drink 2-3 bottles only but if I have someone who will drive for me and everyone else is drinking and enjoying themselves I would usually go for 3 bottles or more.

17. akjangra

akjangra New Member

If I'm not the one who's driving after the party, I drink at least 3 bottles in a party. I can go well into a 4th or 5th bottle if it gets pretty extreme. It takes me at least 3 bottles to feel drunk at all.

18. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

3 bottles.....isn't it something too large? Would you mind asking me if you are able to control yourself after consuming so much of alcohol?

19. serbog

serbog New Member

I don't always drink beer at parties, because here in Macedonia we drink hard liquor more (rakija) than any other alcoholic beverage. I, personally am not a big fan of drinking beer and I would choose any hard liquor or wine for beer everytime, but if we don't have anything else at the moment, I drink beer. Usually if i want to get drink it would take me up to 2 litres of beer to get me to the starting point of getting drunk so usually I drink about 3-3.5 litres per party.

20. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well that definitely depends on who is there, because either way it can really result in some different types of circumstances. I am not really a big party person though, so in general I keep it light, or I try.