Christmas Cocktails?

Discussion in 'Bourbon Forum' started by thisnthat, Nov 29, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

Got any good drink recipes for the holiday season? I see lots of ways to make eggnog, but I though something different would be nice too.

Do you like a little bourbon in your coffee? Oh, yeah, and some butterscotch too. If that sounds good to you then you might just like this little recipe I came across:

http://www.endlesssimmer.com/2011/10/13/the-ultimate-latte/

Enjoy!

2. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well usually this is the time of year when the egg nog is featured a lot. I am not a big fan, but at this time of year it is appropriate I say.

3. xyrene

xyrene Member

I'm not fond of making my own drinks, but I would prefer a shake or latte during Christmas, not the bitter tasting alcohol, lol.

4. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

A few years ago at Christmas time, somebody had bought some O'mara's Irish Country Cream as a gift to the family- and it had a blend of Irish Whiskey and cream in it-but on a note to this Irish Cream-is that they use wine in the blending of this liqueur, making it different than any other of the Irish Creams. Also we mixed this liqueur with some Spiced Rum and some ice cubes and it made a nice holiday drink !

5. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

True enough. It's the seasonal drink and has been for a long time. It's not one of my favorites though. Eggnog can be made with bourbon too (although I think a lot of people use rum).

Thanks for the other ideas, guys. I'm sure we can come up with lots of festive cocktail ideas.

6. kgord

kgord Active Member

I like to make something like a grasshopper at Christmas. Some kind of a blended drink like that is nice to have at the holidays. That minty green color is just one of the things that makes the holiday.