When Did You Have Your First Whisky Drink?

Discussion in 'Whisky Forum' started by FuZyOn, Jan 12, 2016.

1. walter12

walter12 Member

First drink is the worst.

2. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Whisky takes time to acquire the taste.

3. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Whenever it was it probably left a mark on me, given that it is still one of my go to drinks. I can imagine at first I might not have liked it but soon enough that changed.

4. Kieranlewix

Kieranlewix New Member

I had my first taste of whiskey after high school, which was about 4 years ago when I was 18 years old. It was a new experience since I had not tasted anything as bitter as that before. With time I got so comfortable, I could drink any whiskey drink as quickly as taking water. I have gotten used to the taste and actually crave it sometimes.

5. serbog

serbog New Member

I first tried drinking whiskey when I was celebrating my 15th birthday. That was also the first time I got drunk, and I really liked it. And, yes here in Macedonia if you are above 14 you can legally drink alcohol with parental advisory of some sort of brother.

6. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Well that's a pretty young age0

7. pmk1990

pmk1990 New Member

I had my first whiskey when I was 18. I took it as a way to show that am growing up. Not the best way to initiate myself to adulthood I know.

8. Athanas

Athanas Member

Some countries have age limit for drinking alcohol and they don't allow kids into it. Some countries restrict up to 18 years.

9. Natasha0717

Natasha0717 New Member

I think I was about 7 or 8 when my Grandpa slipped me his glass of whiskey at a wedding, (Polish family, enough said.) :D:D And I do remember really liking the taste. Part of it could have been that whiskey was so "forbidden" to kids, and that I felt so lucky to finally get a taste of a "grown-up" drink. It was only one sip, but it was still awesome. When I got older, beer was my drink of choice. But now I remember sometimes getting things started with a nice glass of whiskey on ice, before I'd hit all the beers. But never more than one glass of whiskey, that was just my LET'S GET THE PARTY STARTED drink. Delicious. The only hard liquor I could enjoy, really. And Vodka. But whiskey tastes better.

#49 Natasha0717, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  10. mbuzma

mbuzma Member

I'm surprised that you liked it, especially since you were a kid. I thought it was pretty awful when I first tried it as a teenager. It felt like my throat was going to burn up.

11. walter12

walter12 Member

I agree that age is really young

12. killamch89

killamch89 New Member

When I was 15, my uncle took me and my older brother out to a bar. He made me try a few sips of a Whiskey and orange juice cocktail. Needless to say, a couple sips started to make my head turn - I was underaged at the time but I was the one who asked him to try the Whiskey and Orange cocktail. Luckily, it never had any long-term effects on me and I never became a full-fledged alcoholic.

13. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin New Member

I think when I was 14, but I just taste it because it is a family gathering. And after that, I already like to drink it haha.

14. Bravosi

Bravosi New Member

I was at a party once with my friend, I kinda find myself surrounded by grown ups rather than youth and he was drinking whiskey. I was intrigued by the sight and decided to have a go as well.

15. overcast

overcast Member

I think it's been a while that I remember this. And being an alcoholic, it can be pretty ineffective to see those changes.

16. Bravosi

Bravosi New Member

So you actually don't remember your first shot? Sorry if I'm bothering you, friend.

17. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

Well... I got somewhat "late" in the world of whiskey, haha! I only started when I was in the second year of college (at one of the summer parties).

I always found the taste of this drink very strong and initially I was kinda surprised with the taste, but now I'm used to it (but I always drink it with a certain moderation... jsut to be cautious :rolleyes:).