Guinness Beer ?

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by FolkArtist, Jan 15, 2018.

1. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

What do you think about Guinness beer,some people love this Irish dry stout, and then some people do not get the whole Guinness thing ? This Guinness beer features a burnt flavor that is derived from malted barley,and roasted unmalted barley as well. I have had it a few times from a can, and it was something different-I would say ! I would describe it, as very tangy tasting -with a deep red/brown colour and it has a white head as well.

#1 FolkArtist, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  2. xyrene

xyrene Member

This is the 1st time I heard of this beer, it seems quite affordable so I would like to try it sometime.

3. mbuzma

mbuzma Member

Tried it, didn't like it very much. Actually, I thought it was pretty awful. Tasted very bitter.

4. akjangra

akjangra New Member

I tried it too, and liked it a lot, in a weird way. It did taste pretty bitter, but still complimented my taste.

5. pmk1990

pmk1990 New Member

I generally hate beer but Guinness almost changed my mind. It has a nice taste compared to other beers I have tasted and it be accompanied by roasted beef. This might sound weird but that's his we do it in my neighborhood.

From time to time I order Guinness beer and roast beef and lock myself in my room for some few hours. These are my mancave items LOL.

6. mbuzma

mbuzma Member

Why would that be weird ? Many people like their barbecue to go with beer, me included.

7. walter12

walter12 Member

I as well, i don't see why it would be weird?

8. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I do like it but not as much as I used to, and it still has a time and place and is not something I can really drink at any time. It is strong though so a couple goes a long way.

9. Athanas

Athanas Member

Guiness is one of the commonest type of beers in my country. Although I don't like it, I see many rich people drinking it. It is not for the poor thogh. There are other brands that everyone can afford.

10. xyrene

xyrene Member

@mbuzma, Alcoholic drinks are meant to taste bitter, although some people can tolerate it much better than others.

11. mbuzma

mbuzma Member

Some are bitter, some are not. Guinness was like drinking a vial of poison.

12. xyrene

xyrene Member

@mbuzma, I dunno about that, even vodka tastes terribly bitter to me.

13. mbuzma

mbuzma Member

Well, I dunno either. Alcohol is an acquired taste, as they say. I don't think there is a single person who, when they first tasted alcohol thought " wow, this is great ".

14. xyrene

xyrene Member

That's true, although I'm also puzzled why some people seem to love it so much. They can overlook the bitterness.