Ovrrdrunk

Discussion in 'Whisky Forum' started by DR KOKIL AGARWAL, Jun 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I am glad that I have been able to avoid this mostly for the last few years because some of these stories are sure ringing true. Always gotta look out though.

2. Zero

Zero Member

Anyone who things logically can be wary of being in that situation.

3. jakub1

jakub1 Member

unfortunately a lot of people don't think rationally thus putting themselves in bad situations.

4. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

How does alcohol help in treatment of depression? It might help people to forget their problems for a little while but can never act as a permanent solution. I hate when people seek the undercover of being given sad or depressed so as to validate their over drinking. If you are depressed seek help from relatives and psychiatrist. Nothing is going to change by getting over drunk.

5. overcast

overcast Member

I never got too much drunk. And that could be due to me being proactive on many ways. And often I try to avoid not getting more than I think. Just one or two ups are more than enough for me. I don't push much further than that.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL likes this.
  6. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

This is what I meant to say. Everyone has his own limit for handling drinks. Most of us are fully aware of how much we can handle. What I don't understand is why do people cross this limit? The after effects are always harmful for the self as well as unacceptable by others. I can never figure out any fun associated with overdrinking.

7. jakub1

jakub1 Member

I agree with you everything should be consumed within limits to avoid risks.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL likes this.
  8. Zero

Zero Member

That's the right mentality to use for any habit whats over to enjoy it safely.

9. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

Yes,prevention is always better than cure. It is wise to adopt a preventive attitude rather than bearing a big cost later on. We have one life. We should try to enjoy it yo the fullest and at the same time we should value this beautiful asset of life.

10. jakub1

jakub1 Member

I agree with you but unfortunately a lot of people choose to try controlling their desires rather than avoid temptations.

11. Athanas

Athanas Member

It really happens to me time and again. I think I should blame my friends.They really encourage me to drink far much beyond my limit.

12. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

I don't think that it is wise to blame your friends everytine you get overdrunk. Every person has his limits and knows when and where to stop. I agree that your friends can force you once in a while but this cannot be the case everytime.

13. tony

tony Active Member

That shouldn't be an excuse to get over drunk, saying friends lure you to do so. I make my friends understand my boundaries not just in the aspect of drinking alone. I think you should let your stop be so and not being pet or lured to drink to stupor.

14. mbuzma

mbuzma Member

I don't like getting drunk at all and I know my limit so I don't. I don't even hang out with people that like to get drunk but even if I did social pressure means nothing to me.

15. serbog

serbog New Member

Last time that happened was back in the summer. We had this local festival in the city and we bought a lot of whiskey to drink. I drank a lot that night and I remember just laying there not wanting to stand up because I would throw up (which I eventually did). I couldn't drink whiskey for weeks after that but now I'm fine.

16. dionnextherese

I've had a few bad experiences when I was overdrunk like drunk texting to my ex and saying mean and bad words to strangers I just met on the street. After all those bad experiences, I am now limiting my drinking habit to avoid such behavior and drunk experiences.

17. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

Don't mind my saying but this is some kind of unacceptable behavior. Whenever I come across such a person who is using abusive language after getting drunk then I always look at the person with great disgust. I'm happy that now you have monitored control and do not end with over drinking.

18. mbuzma

mbuzma Member

He didn't say anything about using abusive language, though. I steer clear from drunk people these days, too. They just get on my nerves, especially if they are female.

19. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Language is usually one of the things I can look past but I tend to hate the loud and obnoxious things more than that. They are usually hand in hand though.

20. pmk1990

pmk1990 New Member

I have never been over drunk... I have always controlled my drinking.