Cigarettes V/s Cigar

Discussion in 'Cigar Forum' started by DR KOKIL AGARWAL, Jul 3, 2017.

1. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

Which of the two is less harmful? If you What is your preference while smoking?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I think cigarettes are more harmful since people that smoke them tend to use around a pack a day while cigars are made to be enjoyed one at a time.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL likes this.
  3. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

I have seen people enjoying a single cigar for a long period of time. While a single cigarette last for less time but people tend to smoke one cigarette after the other. So I think it is the quantity of tobacco that is ingested which determines the risk.
    I
    Does anyone has any idea which is more harmful?

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I think a cigar has way less tobacco than a pack of 20 cigarettes. Of course, it depends on the type of cigars/cigarettes you smoke, but that's the rule of thumb.

5. shivamjhalli

shivamjhalli New Member

6. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

Is that so??? But people smoke cigar continuously for hours as compared to cigarette which lasts for around 10 minutes. So I still wonder which one is more harmful?

7. Zero

Zero Member

Even though i have never seen or known someone that smokes cigars throughout the day but that seems very harmful and dangerous.

8. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

There are many I have seen who constantly smoke cigar the whole day long. That is why I find cigars very risky. This much constant exposure to smoke can be really detrimental for the health.

9. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I am not sure that either is that great but I would be cigars are not as bad, assuming that most people do not inhale, but I guess you never know.

10. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Cigars aren't as bad since they don't have as many chemicals and toxins as cigarettes.

11. Zero

Zero Member

Not only are they not as bad, most people don't smoke them too often.

12. xyrene

xyrene Member

I read different websites regarding this topic, and some say that cigars are more dangerous, although some say both are equally dangerous, like this link: www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/effects-of-smoking-pipes-and-cigars so since they are both made from nicotine and tobacco I am also convinced that they are both equally dangerous.

13. sommax

sommax Member

In my country cigars are not common and they are very rare. So, most of the locals go with cigarettes, and it's less costly to buy.

14. Vallante

Vallante New Member

In theory cigars are less harmful. This is because you don't directly inhale a cigar's smoke. Having said that, it's not a risk free behavior. Oral cancers are very rare outside of the smoker demographic, and cigars can be especially problematic that way. It's simply best to enjoy them in moderation. If you do, it is a good bit safer than smoking cigarettes. The addictive potential is lower.

15. haroon rasheed

I think so that cigarette is more harmful than cigars.The smoke of cigarette is very dangerous and injurious to health.Most people tend to buy cigarettes because these are very cheap and easy to purchase.But people don't pay heed to deadly effects caused by cigarettes.That's why many people die every year due to much smoking.

16. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I am a little surprised to see people saying cigards more harmful, but maybe it is just best to assume they are equally just terrible for you, so best to avoid it all.

17. jakub1

jakub1 Member

I think people assume that because of the size.

18. mbuzma

mbuzma Member

They are more or less equally bad for your health I would assume. If you're concerned about your health, don't smoke either.

19. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I can understand the size thing but then again you usually only smoke one cigar versus about ten or twenty cigarettes a day. Either way it just adds up though but again inhaling I would think would do the most damage.

20. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I think that the cigar VS cigarettes is a hard one to call as far as which one would be more dangerous-and I would say they both have tobacco in them and it produces smoke that contains over 70 known cancer-causing substances in them. Also some of the bigger cigars contain as much tobacco and nicotine as a whole pack of cigarettes-so go figure !