Beer In A Bag.

Discussion in 'Beer Forum' started by SirJoe, Aug 3, 2016.

1. thisnthat

thisnthat Active Member

I imagine it's some sort of advertising gimmick or just a cheaper way to package a product. Maybe it's even part of the "less packaging" bandwagon. I don't really know, just throwing stuff out there. It does seem weird though.

Let me just say, ewwww.... yuck. My first thought also was that it looks like urine. I cannot see myself buying beer with this kind of packaging. It isn't appealing at all to me.

2. tony

tony Active Member

Truth be told it looks like urine having beer in a bag. If care is not taking this can affect it's market performance, as in there can be a drop in sales because of this somehow disgusting look.

DR KOKIL AGARWAL likes this.
  3. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL Active Member

I completely agree. Even I will never want to drink it after seeing the image. It's dreadful and cannot be accepted by me. I have it very clear in my mind.

tony likes this.
  4. tony

tony Active Member

I am sure the makers of beer would have seen this and hope not to advance in the project of trying to put beer into bags. Not just beer alone, I doubt if any other drink will do well in bag in terms of look.

5. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I think you could package beer in a bag-but I am not to sure about drinking beer out of a bag with a straw though. I think home brewers might use a bag though-but what about putting the bag in a box first(like boxed wine),with a spout so you can dispense it in a mug or glass. You could sell the beer cheap and they could have it in the refrigerators at the store? Drinking beer out of a bag with a straw is just wierd -but this photo would work in advertising the beer(haha) !

6. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

According to me beer tasted best only when it is drank straight from the can, bottle or beer mug. Drinking it from a bag with a straw will spoil all the fun element associated with drinking beer. I would consider it as an injustice to beer...lol

7. xyrene

xyrene Member

Not a fan of this way of drinking beer. I would rather drink from the bottle.

8. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

I think no one would like to drink beer from a bag. To be honest, it stands not only for beer but for every other drink. None of us would like to consume alcohol straight from the bag.

9. pmk1990

pmk1990 New Member

That's really weird and I wouldn't wanna try that... Ever.

10. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I absolutely second the idea of nobody would ever want this, but then I just always think of all those novelty things out there that somehow find a market. Still though, not for me at all.

11. xyrene

xyrene Member

Over here, soda is placed in plastic containers too when you buy them from small stores, and you just drink it with a straw.

12. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

There is a big difference between the plastic container and a plastic bag. Moreover, have you ever seen anyone drinking beer with a straw? Personally, I have never done or seen anything like this.

13. mbuzma

mbuzma Member

It looks like they are drinking vomit on that picture. Absolutely disgusting.
    On topic - yeah I think having beer in a plastic bag is pretty stupid.

14. xyrene

xyrene Member

I made a mistake. Yes, if the soda was inside a bottle, the vendor places it in a plastic bag but of a smaller size than the one pictured. They don't do it with beer though, it needs to be purchased as is with a bottle.

15. overcast

overcast Member

I think the beer in a bag may or may not succeed. But I have seen a lot of subscription boxes coming up in the market. So it seems like a good idea. Not sure how many people have the stats for this business working. It seems like a good idea.

16. xyrene

xyrene Member

No, I don't think it will be a hit, because you can readily buy them in bottles or cans, and they are more spill-proof than plastic bags.

17. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

But, I can not figure out any valid reason for doing this. Why do the manufacturers want to come up with an experiment like this? Beer is doing really well when sold in bottles and cans. So what is the need for confining them to bags? I have still not seen anything like this in my country,

18. serbog

serbog New Member

I haven't seen a beer in a bag. I have seen mils in bags, but not in my country. I wouldn't really want to drink it from a bag, because we like to drink beer out of the bottle so we don't buy glasses due to our habit of drinking outside.

19. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

Same here.... I do not know which countries have adopted this method of selling beer. This is completely new and strange to me. And buying glasses for drinking beer,.....sounds a little weird...isn't it?

20. xyrene

xyrene Member

I don't think the beer in plastic was being sold though. It was just placed there by those beer drinkers.